ECHO Timber?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

ECHO Timber?

Postby VTduckman » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:51 pm

good call? Hard to blow? Best for? Should i get a double or single?(im not that good at calling but want a decent call for when i am good)
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:27 pm

Never had one but definatly go with a double reed.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Bret » Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:13 am

I really like the Echo Timber calls. I wish I still had one but like all things calls come and go in my collection. They are a softer sounding call and a pretty good hunting call for that situation. I know a lot of guys that only blow timber calls, and I find that I use a timber type call %60-%70 of the time when hunting. I think and this is just my ever so humble opinion....If you want a call for "when you get good" as you stated I would buy it in a single. I like the sound of that call so much better as a single, and if you are comited to learn the call and are going to work at it you should learn the single. If you are good with a single you can blow any double or single well.
Now if you want to just get good enough to kill a few ducks with as little effort put forth to learn as possible. You should probably start on a double, but latter should you decide to learn a single you may have to unlearn some things, learn some others, and forget about a few other things.lol

When students ask me what to do single or double...if they ask. I tell them this same spill.... to me it depends on what kind of person you are, and how good you want to be.

just my .02

Bret

oh oh oh I almost forgot befor eyou settle on a regular timber try an Echo XLT I think it stands for extra loud timber. I blew one the other day and I really liked it. It is very versital and easy to run. :thumbsup: :yes:
Bret
hunter

Postby VTduckman » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:38 am

thanks for the info
Season Totals-
Canada's-Alot
2 Mallards
2 Blacks
15 Green Wing
5 Wood Ducks
1 Can.
1 Pintail
Hooded Merganser
VTduckman
hunter

Postby Duck Crazy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:36 pm

:thumbsup: great call. :withstupid: I agree with bret. both the Timber and the XLT are great calls. I've tried em both. unfortunately i only own a timber and not also an XLT.
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:53 pm

i have a few Echo calls...huh. go figure. lol.

anyway, i am a big fan of the timbers. i have a double reed Poly that is nice and ducky and a good hunting call. i also use my single reed cocobola quite a bit. ANNNNND...i have an XLT. i really like the XLT for the extra volume i get out of it without needing to go with an openwater call.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Bret » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:07 pm

[quote="Swamp Puppy"] ANNNNND...i have an XLT. quote]

Gosh! Swamp Puppy Rub it in why don't ya. :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

That may be one of my next calls. I really like the XLT. Did I already say that...well I blew another one today....and they are sweet.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:25 pm

lol..yeah, it is nice. my biggest problem this year has been too many nice calls and not enough time hunting. i don't like to carry more than 2 with me into the marsh...just too much crap on my neck.

but between the Echo's i have..the Rowdy DOA DT, and the Winglock i got this year...i just can't decide which one goes and which one stays.

i will say that the XLT has spent a fair ammount of time with me...just because it is one of the few i have with the extra volume.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Bret » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:21 am

I know what you mean. :withstupid:
Bret
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:49 am

HA!! yeah, i know you do. when it comes to your collection, we all pale in comparison. :salude:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum