Duck Commander Calls from the 80's

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Duck Commander Calls from the 80's

Postby XR-2 Fan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Do any of you guys have any duck commander calls from the 80's? If so do you still use them? I put something in the classifieds but got no response. I'm looking for the old early reacher models. I had one that was my dad's and it's a long story but it disappeared. It was dark brown and had reacher written on the side of the call. Any early reacher model will do but that model is prefered. That call was sentimental to me and I know it can't be replaced, but if I could at least find the same model I would feel better about it. Heck I'll buy any early reacher model if anybody will sell one. If nothing else, let's see those old duck commander pics if ya'll have any of the early DC calls!!!
XR-2 Fan
hunter

Postby duckbuster06 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Don't know if this is it but good luck
http://www.mackspw.com/item.asp?im=DUC8 ... _Duck_Call
duckbuster06
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Smackaduck » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:11 pm

No thats not the one, he is looking for the older style of the call. The original version.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby XR-2 Fan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:11 am

Yeah the one I'm looking for is the early model reacher. The brown one that i'm looking for will actually have "reacher" on the side of the call underneath Duck Commander. That will set it apart the newer ones. As far as the old blonde ones I'm not sure if they have any differences from the cutdown reachers they sell now. I could tell if I saw the barrel but other than that i'm not sure. Thanks for the help guys and keep the info coming please!!!
XR-2 Fan
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:00 pm

I'm thinking he was not nearly as popular back then, as in recent years, maybe thus only a limited # were ever produced, and possibly only within his region too.
Maybe contact him, about how many were even produced. You never know, maybe he has a few sitting on the shelf too, can't hurt to ask.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum