Ebay Calls. (Glynn Scobey, Tucko, Duckbait, exc.)

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Ebay Calls. (Glynn Scobey, Tucko, Duckbait, exc.)

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 am

Has anyone used alot of the calls on ebay? If so how are they?

Like:
Duckbait
Big Johns Calls
Tucko Calls
Glynn Scobey
Let em' Lite
Kellys Kalls
River Mallard

Thanks.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Bret » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:41 pm

I don't know anything of the others at least from experience, but River Mallard calls rock. I probably still have a sound file around here some place from the one I use to have I own one of his contest calls now the bottom end of the call is great the top end is awesome too when I can find it. His calls are fully functional.
I highly recomend River Mallard calls he is another one of those "little known" call makers that make a call every bit as good as the bigger makers. From my experience you will get a good call at a good price, and one on one customer service too.

You had better be prepared to outbid me now though.lol :toofunny: jk
Enjoy,

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby thaner » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:53 pm

Can't help with those, but I got my QH J-frame and by Buck Gardner Tall Timber II and Double Nasty II on e-bay cheep and they are great calls. Used the J and Timber to call in the late season birds no problem!
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby cinrds » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:06 am

I do not have one but I would have no issuses with a Glern Scobey call I have never heard anything bad about them and they are not just a ebay call, he also have them in Cabela's
Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:35
cinrds
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:54 am

Scobey's goose call is a 'permanent fixture' on my lanyard.....produces an outstanding high pitch very effective on windy days and a compliment to the low tones of a flute. it is a high quality call at a lower end price....can only assume their duck calls are of the same quality, but have never tried them.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby RedDog » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:34 pm

I started picking up some of the handmade calls about a year ago on Ebay - ones that struck my fancy in the $20-$40 range. I like the idea of giving the small craftsman a chance. In the process, I have found some really nice calls. Duckbait makes some really nice ones, and he's here in Maine. I also have a call from Let Em Lite that I really like. My favorites:

1) Duckbait SR laminated padauk/blackwood with wooden insert (real raspy - kinda sounds like my old Olt D-2, but doesn't take as much air). I also have a laminated DR w/poly insert which takes very little air. (Great for feed calling.)

2) Let 'Em Lite SR diamondwood w/ turned acrylic insert (not real loud, but great tonal range and control). I don't see this combo anymore, he seems to have all acrylic or wood w/ poly insert.

You never know. The best call maker in the world may be just some guy turning wood in his shed....
RedDog
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum