Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.
Moderators: callinfowl, Mallyard, stumpjumper, okiequacker
I was wondering if you should call at ringnecks with a diver call, or just let them work the decoys?
- Posts: 1022
- Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:52 am
- Location: Texas
Ringers will turn for a diver call, a mallard call, or a whistle. The dont always setup ta land, but, you can slow em down ta Mach II
:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
- Posts: 1419
- Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:53 am
- Location: Horn Lake,Mississippi
when divers are working I prefer to just make some quacks and feeding chuckles just to give the decoy spread a little life. I've never had much success with ctually tryin to call to scaup or other divers. Its all about your decoy spread and concealment.
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
- Posts: 1614
- Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:59 pm
- Location: SW LA
Most ducks respond very well to mallard calls.
- Posts: 4741
- Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:06 pm
- Location: OK
most divers KNOW where they are goin, The ones in my area can be called at some of the time, but most times the ones we kill were just spashed down in the dekes outa no where
It's an Obsession
- Posts: 592
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:15 pm
- Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: choc24/7, Tyler173 and 10 guests