Anyone tried these calls?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Anyone tried these calls?

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:22 pm

Anyone ever tried a Ward Game Calls Acrylic goose call? They sell on ebay new pretty cheap. I have never heard of them before.

Also, anyone every heard a Hayes Acrylic barrelled duck call?

I know I should just man up and buy a loud SMM or gaston or something, but was just curious on how these sounded.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Bret » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:54 pm

I have tried both I guess I am a sucker for a bargan too. The ward shortreed was not very good at all I could not blow it and sound anything like a goose with the guts that came with it. I did put some other guts in it and it was just ok. I ended up giving it away in the end.:thumbsdown:

The ward acrylic open water is what I bought from him. I was under the impression at the time that it was an all acrylic call there was a misprint in the Ebay add. It is a echo poly insert bored out a little in an acrylic barrel. He was a true gentleman about it and returned my money. The call sounded ok kind of like an echo poly openwater.
good luck either way.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:07 am

Thanks Bret. I have a Tim Grounds clearly the goose talk coming soon, I will wait and try that out.

Then I will just buck up and fork out the money for a loud acrylic duck call. I hunt huge open water and I want something that is LOUD....

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:57 am

Mike, I've got an RNT MVP posted in the classifieds. Won't get much louder than that!
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:05 am

Steve,

I would love your call but wont have the money for a little bit. I want something loud for when they are farther away, then will just switch to a softer call...
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Tippin'Wings » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:40 pm

I have a RNT MVP i really like it, and it really works calling in the ducks and i have placed high in competitions with it. :getdown:
Tippin'Wings
Newb

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum