Haydel calls

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Haydel calls

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:25 am

What does every one think of haydels calls like timber cutter or the red leg varatone?
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby HonkShooter » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:14 pm

I used to have a like DR-18 or something like that and it was a really loud call........unfortunately I lost all of the guts when I was hunting...
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby winchesterx2 » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:51 am

Nearly all the duck calls on the market are good calls. some require more air than others. some may take a little more practice. but they are all pretty good. if you'll notice most duck hunters will own several duck calls from different makers cause duck hunters are hard to satisfy :thumbsup: But i do have some haydel's game calls and like them very much. I think they make the best woodduck call on the market. Eli Haydel will be at our first Delta waterfowl banquet at paris, tennessee this october 16 at 6 pm. he will be there in support of the kids with some duck calls. :cool:
Delat waterfowl member, Father to the future of hunting and church member.
winchesterx2
hunter

Postby birdgunner04 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:15 am

I use a DR-85 easy to blow great sound in most conditions. Hard to beat for the money. just can't stand on it. (personal experience)
to all I toast (More ducks and better #$&%@)
birdgunner04
hunter

Postby OU » Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:48 am

First rate calls, made by first class people. Had the opportunity to have dinner with Rod in Memphis at the DU festival this year and know they are great people.

I really like the Dirty Rice Mallard call, but my favorite Haydels is still the DR-85. There's is absolutely no telling how many ducks this thing has called to their death, and for $15 you can't beat it.

OU
Fowl Language Duck Calls:
The Call Ducks Swear By.

Git R' Done
OU
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum