Any Suggestions?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Any Suggestions?

Postby ccdux » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:25 pm

I have noticed while out hunting that alot of the calls have the same tone. I hunt on public ground and would like to sound different than everyone around me. So I would like to get a call that is a higher, almost nasaly sounding. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Take 'em
ccdux
hunter

Postby mccree79 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:15 pm

If you want a different sound try a RNT Short Barrel.
mccree79
hunter

Postby Bret » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:11 pm

I like a Rowdy DOA Double Trouble it is absolutly feather spittin' snotty. Good lookin' call too if you have not tried one give it one a go.
Bret
hunter

Postby ccdux » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:36 pm

I have never heard of the Rowdy DOA Double Trouble. Where do you find them, and what price range.
Take 'em
ccdux
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:16 pm

They are a custom call but at a good price. Look on the web site doagamecalls.com

They are a great little meat call and have a unique yet ducky sound. They go for $55-$60 for a coco barrel with an acrylic insert, and an all acrylic goes for $75-$80. I love mine it is the call I find myself reaching for and I have a collection of 25 or so customs to pick from. RNT, Gaston, echo, HS to name a few.........Give it a try if that is in your price range. Rick is more than happy to blow one over the phone for you or whatever you need.
Bret
hunter

Postby ken h » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:11 pm

RNT Daisy Cutter is very nasaly. DOA double trouble is a good call and Steve can set it up as a single or double. If you need some help getting in contact with Steve or Ricko give me a holler.

Ken
ken h
hunter

Postby KO » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:12 am

or you could go to kdcalls.com and get a call that sounds like a real duck..it wont break the bank either......
KO
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:00 pm

If you want one that has a different tone, do it with a single reed. You control the tone. Beyond that, there are plenty of nasally calls on the market. RNT Timbre is my favorite.
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:30 am

i only have 2 duck calls around my neck ... one is a flat just a normal call (very clear) and i also have an echo single reed ... you can make this call sound and ducky and clear as you want to make it sound like a coyot call... very nice call if you want something not everyone else has... (if they do ... it will still be a difernt tone...) but yeah steve is right ... alot of the calls that sound the same are double reeds... and most of the ones that may stand out are singles

hope this helps
yellow
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum