RNT Collections

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Re: RNT Collections

Postby schumacherm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:50 pm

So for you guys getting these custom calls made, do you guys just send the wood blanks to rnt and ask them to turn a call out of the blank you sent them?
schumacherm
hunter

Postby stevezim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:27 pm

schumacherm wrote:So for you guys getting these custom calls made, do you guys just send the wood blanks to rnt and ask them to turn a call out of the blank you sent them?

Pretty much. I buy a blank and send it in with a detailed note of what I want (I.e. insert color, band, engraving, etc) and give my contact info in case they have any questions.
stevezim
hunter

Postby schumacherm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:10 pm

stevezim wrote:Pretty much. I buy a blank and send it in with a detailed note of what I want (I.e. insert color, band, engraving, etc) and give my contact info in case they have any questions.

alright, thanks! I think I might get one done here in the off season. are there an specifics that I should know about when i buy a wood blank? and does the cost of a custom made call with a wood blank that you ship to them reflect that of an off the shelf call?
schumacherm
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:28 pm

schumacherm wrote:
stevezim wrote:Pretty much. I buy a blank and send it in with a detailed note of what I want (I.e. insert color, band, engraving, etc) and give my contact info in case they have any questions.

alright, thanks! I think I might get one done here in the off season. are there an specifics that I should know about when i buy a wood blank? and does the cost of a custom made call with a wood blank that you ship to them reflect that of an off the shelf call?

Buying a piece of wood is a gamble,it can look real good on the outside,but it could have hidden internal issues,even stabilized wood can have issues as well.
Same price,your just supplying the wood is all.

Make sure the wood you do select is at least, 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square,if your going to do just a wood barrel with an acrylic insert the block will need to be at least 4" long,a whole call Butch suggests a length of no less than 10" .

When you get it done,post up some pics of it. :thumbsup:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby schumacherm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:30 pm

ColoradoGooser wrote:
schumacherm wrote:

Buying a piece of wood is a gamble,it can look real good on the outside,but it could have hidden internal issues,even stabilized wood can have issues as well.
Same price,your just supplying the wood is all.

Make sure the wood you do select is at least, 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square,if your going to do just a wood barrel with an acrylic insert the block will need to be at least 4" long,a whole call Butch suggests a length of no less than 10" .

When you get it done,post up some pics of it. :thumbsup:

Awesome! thank you very much for the info!
schumacherm
hunter

Postby gr8white » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 pm

I've seen some interesting RNT's snatched up recently. Post'em up!

Sent from the Cross Appalachian Flyway
gr8white
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:46 pm

I talked to Butch last week,my two customs are in the final stages of completion.
Will post pics as soon as I get them. :thumbsup:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Trick » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

carolinagreenhead wrote:
Dbishop311 wrote:Heres mine updated minus a Ivory Full Scroll DC my brother has. Be adding a few more in the next few days.

If your willing to part with one of those at some point let me know.

Just watch Ebay, he'll have them up there eventually.
Trick
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 am

Your right. Just sold one. Almost doubled my money. If you had this many you would too.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 am

Nice Yankee Candle.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Trick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am

Dbishop311 wrote:Your right. Just sold one. Almost doubled my money. If you had this many you would too.

I have more and no i wouldn't.
Trick
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:06 pm

The guy in the brown truck just dropped off these two beauties :biggrin:
Been a long wait,but well worth it,now I need to send in some plain old hedge into Butch for a couple more. :thumbsup:
Stabilized Box Elder Burl Shortbarrel and Daisy Cutter matched set.
Thanks Mr.Butch!

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby stevezim » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 pm

ColoradoGooser wrote:The guy in the brown truck just dropped off these two beauties :biggrin:
Been a long wait,but well worth it,now I need to send in some plain old hedge into Butch for a couple more. :thumbsup:
Thanks Mr.Butch!

Fantastic calls! Butch did you proud with those! :thumbsup:
stevezim
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

ColoradoGooser wrote:The guy in the brown truck just dropped off these two beauties :biggrin:
Thanks Mr.Butch!

Very Nice
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Fowlhunter22 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Mine came in the day I left for college so i will finally get to see it this weekend I am excited to say the least I will try and post pics when I get my hands on it.
Fowlhunter22
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks Mr.Butch!

Myself along with some other DHC members saw those in the shop the other day. Great looking calls!
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby AMiller » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:22 pm

[
AMiller
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 pm

Bump
Got this beaut last week. My black dc that I broke the insert should be here tomorrow along with a "wood" old style DC :eek: How long is the turn around time on custom RNTs? Good looking collections out there keep posting them up, cant seem to get enough! Even if its an updated picture Im sure others would love to see some new pics.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby stevezim » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:51 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Bump
Got this beaut last week. My black dc that I broke the insert should be here tomorrow along with a "wood" old style DC :eek: How long is the turn around time on custom RNTs? Good looking collections out there keep posting them up, cant seem to get enough! Even if its an updated picture Im sure others would love to see some new pics.

That is a nice older Rich-n-Tone with the old shape and before the insert lanyard groove. Would love one for my collection!

The turnaround on RNT customs can depend quite a bit on what you want and when you order. I have ordered custom acrylic colors for standard calls out of season and had a very quick turnaround (a couple weeks) but I have also ordered calls with Butch-turned barrels during season that have taken a few months to get back. If you ordered now, I would think the wait wouldn't be too bad.
stevezim
hunter

Postby calls and decoys » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Here's mine,
RNT Originals.jpg
Attachments
RNT Goose Calls.jpg
Short Barrels.jpg
Daisy Cutters.jpg
calls and decoys
hunter

Postby gTN » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Picked this one up yesterday I don't know a lot about Rich N Tone so if someone could maybe help me with this one? I haven't seen one in the pictures so thought I'd ask here? Thanks
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG
gTN
Newb

Postby calls and decoys » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 pm

gtn, looks like an older diamond wood original. I saw one like it on ebay for sale about 2 weeks ago.
calls and decoys
hunter

Postby gTN » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:53 pm

calls and decoys wrote:gtn, looks like an older diamond wood original. I saw one like it on ebay for sale about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks man, yeah I searched ebay to see if there were any like it but didn't see any at the time. I sent some pictures to Rich N Tone to see if they could tell me a little more about it. Thanks again.
gTN
Newb

Postby calls and decoys » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:02 pm

gTN, the one that sold on ebay two weeks ago ended up going for $202.50. I hope this helps you.
calls and decoys
hunter

Postby gTN » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:05 pm

C&D, that does make me feel better, at least I know I wasn't burnt. Thanks again.
gTN
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum