RNT Collections

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Re: RNT Collections

Postby Publiclandduckslayer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

Please click on the link and tell me what you think about my calling. New to the cutdown, this is my first one. Just learning how to blow it..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-aY-skydtc
Smoke em' if you got em'
Publiclandduckslayer
hunter

Postby calls and decoys » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Here are a few additions to the collection.
Attachments
image.jpg
calls and decoys
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 am

calls and decoys wrote:Here are a few additions to the collection.

Nice pickups! :thumbsup:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby calls and decoys » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:25 pm

Coloradogooser, thanks Man.
I have been wanting to get three generations of OSDC in the same color. It took forever. They sound amazing too!!
calls and decoys
hunter

Postby Dr Drewski » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:27 pm

That my friend, is pretty sweet. I hope to have the full line in the same color. Sounds like its gonna cost a pretty penny though...
Dr Drewski
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:19 am

calls and decoys wrote:Here are a few additions to the collection.

Nice set.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Sugartowns Finest » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:18 am

I see a lot of DS Diablos in pics. Curious if you guys are hunting with them or just leaving on display or in the box. I hunted with mine this season. Damn fine call. Wondering if I should leave it on the lanyard or in the case. I'm gonna post my small collection soon.
Cupped wings and stretched legs getting ready for the splashdown
Sugartowns Finest
hunter

Postby The Unknown Guide » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am

I had kinda the same question as sugartown... Great collections btw. I don't have any but was curious if all y'all calls that y'all are collecting are being used and then retired or just strictly collecting them?
The Unknown Guide
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:07 am

Just depends. I have a few that will never be hunted. Almost too afraid to get them out and look at them. But I do hunt a lot of older calls, I dont like to but just gotta be careful. Which Im not after I shoot some birds and Im removing my lanyard, un tying the boat, folding blind down, etc.....Its easy to break one or scratch it. But it sure is neat to bring the old calls out and set a group of mallards down 20 yards in front of you.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:37 am

Sugartowns Finest wrote:I see a lot of DS Diablos in pics. Curious if you guys are hunting with them or just leaving on display or in the box. I hunted with mine this season. Damn fine call. Wondering if I should leave it on the lanyard or in the case. I'm gonna post my small collection soon.

I took my DS Diablo out on a few hunts this past season,from what John Stephens sadi they are going to make the DS Diablo part of the lineup,but minus Johns signature and that pitch fork insignia engraved on the back of the tone board.
I will most likely retire mine to the shelf and grab one of the new ones for the lanyard,next season when they are available.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Sugartowns Finest » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:04 pm

Didn't know they are going to make it apart of the line up. May have to do the same thing. Really liked it on the lanyard.
Cupped wings and stretched legs getting ready for the splashdown
Sugartowns Finest
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Here is Johns quote from another site about it.

Just wanted to explain a little better about this call. This is a totally different call thanM the DC Diablo. I took the DC Diablo and altered the bore and gave it a totally different tone board as there were a few things I had ideas on. I wasn't necessarily trying to improve it, I just had an idea for a different approach. The process was very similar to how we came up with the original Daisy Cutter. Next year it will be its own call offered in other colors with a standard RNT graphics package( very conservative). This year we just offered this one color combo through our partners MPW. This is the color combo I had last year on my lanyard and I always like having something a little wild on it(wait until you see what Blake designed for the back of the insert!). Now I know everyone is not going to like it, but for those that don't there will be a whole different look next year for the call and this one will just be a special edition. Hope this helps explain the ins and outs of the DS. If you have any other questions let me know on Facebook or twitter. Thanks!

John Stephens

ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby cut em_jack » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm

Been watching this thread and there are some nice calls out there. I figured I would share a few of mine. These are not all of them. SOme are being loaned out or locked away.

Jack Reekes
RNT Calls Pro Staff
"Its what we do"

Tribal Outdoors Pro Team

Duck Dawgs do it in the water!
9-11-01 FDNY "343" We will NEVER forget!
cut em_jack
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Love that Chick Majors in the back. Also you have some great DCs. Love how big that duck head used to be on those calls.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby QwackAddict33 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:36 pm

[quote="cut em_jack"]Been watching this thread and there are some nice calls out there. I figured I would share a few of mine. These are not all of them. SOme are being loaned out or locked away.

Premium collection sir! I like that human skull :yes:
Hitmen Waterfowl TV- Team Wingmen
Society Staff at Scott Threinen's Molt Gear
Pro Staff at LastCall Waterfowl
Field Staff at GoHuntBirds.com
QwackAddict33
hunter

Postby stevezim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Awesome collection Jack! Quite a few in there I would love to have in my collection! What wood is the dark green wood daisy cutter? Looks nice.

FYI, for anyone interested, i just posted a Stickered SB in redneck in the classifieds for sale.

Zim
stevezim
hunter

Postby QwackAddict33 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm

stevezim wrote:FYI, for anyone interested, i just posted a Stickered SB in redneck in the classifieds for sale.

Zim

At a very fair price too might i add...i've seen a few go for alot more recently
Hitmen Waterfowl TV- Team Wingmen
Society Staff at Scott Threinen's Molt Gear
Pro Staff at LastCall Waterfowl
Field Staff at GoHuntBirds.com
QwackAddict33
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm

cut em_jack wrote:Been watching this thread and there are some nice calls out there. I figured I would share a few of mine. These are not all of them. SOme are being loaned out or locked away.

:eek: That is an awesome collection.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby cut em_jack » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:21 pm

stevezim wrote:Awesome collection Jack! Quite a few in there I would love to have in my collection! What wood is the dark green wood daisy cutter? Looks nice.

FYI, for anyone interested, i just posted a Stickered SB in redneck in the classifieds for sale.

Zim

Its a form of diamond wood as far I know. From what I understand from Butch it is the only one in existance. And its an Old Style.
Jack Reekes
RNT Calls Pro Staff
"Its what we do"

Tribal Outdoors Pro Team

cut em_jack
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Good looking calls. Like the early Rich n Tone with no band. Ive got one of dem Micarta Rich n Tones thats supposed to be here tomorrow. Had to pull a few strings to find one but I was sucessful :eek:
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby cut em_jack » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:21 pm

After talking to Butch when I got that no band call I found out that it was one of the first 75 calls he turned after starting Rich n Tone in 76. That and the Westinghouse are the crown jewels of my collection.
Jack Reekes
RNT Calls Pro Staff
"Its what we do"

Tribal Outdoors Pro Team

cut em_jack
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:44 pm

The call in the 7th pic down 3rd call from the right. The brown original...Is that a cocobolo or a micarta call? Ive got some old brown westinghouse micarta blanks that almost age to that color. Cant decide If I want to get a call made out of them. Its getting harder and harder to come by. Having a hard time letting go of it. Even smells like bandaids :biggrin:
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby cut em_jack » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:The call in the 7th pic down 3rd call from the right. The brown original...Is that a cocobolo or a micarta call? Ive got some old brown westinghouse micarta blanks that almost age to that color. Cant decide If I want to get a call made out of them. Its getting harder and harder to come by. Having a hard time letting go of it. Even smells like bandaids :biggrin:

Its wood. Not sure what. Looks like coco but it is very dark.
Jack Reekes
RNT Calls Pro Staff
"Its what we do"

Tribal Outdoors Pro Team

cut em_jack
hunter

Postby calls and decoys » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 am

Cut em, that is one awesome collection. You have some sweet calls. :thumbsup:
calls and decoys
hunter

Postby Trick » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:03 pm

Great stuff right there, Jack! Thanks for sharing.
Trick
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum