RNT Collections

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Re: RNT Collections

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:37 pm

gr8white wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:What is the call on the far left? Looks kinda like my olt wood duck call.

That is a call that was my fathers...think it's an olt w-12. The lettering is gone, but I think that's what it is. It was my fathers and was from the late 70s early 80s I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought it was a Olt. Pintail whistle and not the Wood duck one.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby huntandride » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Has the toneboard for the short barrel gone through any changes over time. Looks like the barrel definately has
huntandride
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:30 am

No big changes that I'm aware of other than how it is cut.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby carolinagreenhead » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Figured I'd add mine.
Attachments
IMG_0561.jpg
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:16 pm

That is one awesome custom Timbre.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Smooth Boar » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:51 pm

Here is my collection of RNT's. Only one missing is a stickered black acrylic Short Barrel at the RNT shop getting a tune up.

Couple of notes:

The ivory no scroll DC is a 2007 Arkansas Refuge Gang call.
The cocabola Original and one of the burnt bois d'arc Short Barrels have Butch Richenback's signature engraved in the band.
The cocabola/acrylic Original is a Butch Richenback Signature Series call. Found it in the display case of a local beer, bait and bullets store last year.
The black acrylic MVP is a actually an Original with my initials SMB engraved instead of MVP.
Attachments
RNTs.JPG
RNTs.JPG (35.87 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
Daisy Cutters.JPG
Daisy Cutters.JPG (35.13 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
Smooth Boar
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:28 am

Keeping this thread going. Heres two that I got recently. A custom Redwood Burl Old Style and another stickered Rich N Tone Original. I have two more stickered RNTs in the mail now Ill post them when I get them.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby stevezim » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Keeping this thread going. Heres two that I got recently. A custom Redwood Burl Old Style and another stickered Rich N Tone Original. I have two more stickered RNTs in the mail now Ill post them when I get them.

Nice additions. Must be nice to have unlimited duck call funds. :eek: Life is tough when you can't take a picture of your collection because there are always a couple more calls coming in the mail. :biggrin: :thumbsup:
stevezim
hunter

Postby AUDuckSlayer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Does any of you RNT guro's know the evolution of RNT? I was doing dome searching around trying to find a write up, but there is none to my knowledge. For instance when did the MVP first get made? When was the first acrlyic call turned, and so on.
AUDuckSlayer
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:21 pm

AUDuckSlayer wrote:Does any of you RNT guro's know the evolution of RNT? I was doing dome searching around trying to find a write up, but there is none to my knowledge. For instance when did the MVP first get made? When was the first acrlyic call turned, and so on.

888.RNT.CALL
Ask for Butch he will have all the info you seek. :thumbsup:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Well I found a stickered short barrel for 60$ and couldnt let it go. I look at them as an investment. Atleast it makes me feel better about spending money on them:wink: It could be worse, I could be a crack head :crying: As soon as duck season is over Ill go to a different hobby. Its about time to start reloading pistol and rifle cartridges again.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:06 pm

AUDuckSlayer wrote:Does any of you RNT guro's know the evolution of RNT? I was doing dome searching around trying to find a write up, but there is none to my knowledge. For instance when did the MVP first get made? When was the first acrlyic call turned, and so on.

03 or 04. I'd have to dig the catalog out and see exactly when the MVP debuted. Butch started making some calls when Chic Majors passed away. In 76 he started selling them. I want to say that John acquired the company in the 01-03 range.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby AUDuckSlayer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Yes he started in 76' I talked to butch a little when I was down there last week and he gave me some info on one of my old RNT's it's a 78. Let me know what your old catalog tells you.

ByersFarm wrote:

03 or 04. I'd have to dig the catalog out and see exactly when the MVP debuted. Butch started making some calls when Chic Majors passed away. In 76 he started selling them. I want to say that John acquired the company in the 01-03 range.
AUDuckSlayer
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 pm

AUDuckSlayer wrote:Yes he started in 76' I talked to butch a little when I was down there last week and he gave me some info on one of my old RNT's it's a 78. Let me know what your old catalog tells you.

ByersFarm wrote:

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Tipsntails7 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Keeping this thread going. Heres two that I got recently. A custom Redwood Burl Old Style and another stickered Rich N Tone Original. I have two more stickered RNTs in the mail now Ill post them when I get them.

Bishop I've got to ask where you got the redwood burl blank? I've been looking for a while for a blank big enough for barrel and insert and have yet to find one.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Tipsntails7 wrote:

Bishop I've got to ask where you got the redwood burl blank? I've been looking for a while for a blank big enough for barrel and insert and have yet to find one.

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure he bought it off another site already made. If not I was looking at one just like it.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby stevezim » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:00 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Tipsntails7 wrote:

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure he bought it off another site already made. If not I was looking at one just like it.

Yep, he bought that call on ebay for $100 I think. If you want redwood burl, you might try www.woodheadz.com. It doesn't show any blanks online right now, but you might shoot them an email. They often have a good supply of stabilized redwood burl blanks.
stevezim
hunter

RNT Collections

Postby gr8white » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:06 pm

X3 for eBay...I was watching that one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gr8white
hunter

Postby barenn » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:54 am

Would any one know anything about this call, bought it about 25 years ago. Not the best pic.

barenn
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 pm

barenn wrote:Would any one know anything about this call, bought it about 25 years ago. Not the best pic.

I believe it is one of the poly calls made by Buck Gardner
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Yaaker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
barenn wrote:Would any one know anything about this call, bought it about 25 years ago. Not the best pic.

Looks wood to me. :huh:
Yaaker
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Yaaker wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Looks wood to me. :huh:

Here is another pic of one just like it.
They are Poly

jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Yaaker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Ah ha! Thank you. The dark lighting made it look like a dark stained wood call. The pits on the insert made me also think it was wood. Thanks for the clarification! :thumbsup:
Yaaker
hunter

Postby AUDuckSlayer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:17 pm

My small collection.Image
AUDuckSlayer
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:20 pm

AUDuckSlayer wrote:My small collection.Image

Very Nice. :thumbsup:
I like the stickered one after the DCs and the Timbre.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum