Feeder call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Feeder call

Postby woodiehunter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Instead of saying tika-tika really fast to do a feeding call could you just trill your tounge? to me it just makes more sense to trill your tounge( if you can)
woodiehunter
hunter

Re: Feeder call

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Not really...IMO :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Trilling will give you a helicopter effect instead of the sound your trying to achieve.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby O/UDuck Hunter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I never do a fast tika or flutter doesnt sound natural just pecks and grunts mixed with sequels
O/UDuck Hunter
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Go online and watch a few You tube videos of feeding chuckles. Listen to some ducks in the park at your area, too. I agree that the tika-tika is not it. It takes short, quick, chucks with some little quacks thrown in to sound realistic, IMO.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby stevezim » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:43 pm

The tika-tika feed is really a competition style rolling feed that is not designed to sound like ducks on the ground. Mallards will often make the sound when flying but it really is a call not designed to be used in the field. A real duck feed is best made with short separate notes. Keith Allen's CD describes it as "baby talk" saying goo, goo, ga, ga, etc.
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 am

YouTube, hmmm answer for everyone's questions. Cause half of um can't blow a duck call that's why. Now Keiths CD is very helpful. The tika tika isn't really a "comp" feed. Good luck gettin help with these pros, if you wanna learn all different types of feeds, pm me and I'll get ya lined up man. Trust me. Yall be good.
BAMF
hunter

Postby stevezim » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:00 pm

BAMF wrote:YouTube, hmmm answer for everyone's questions. Cause half of um can't blow a duck call that's why. Now Keiths CD is very helpful. The tika tika isn't really a "comp" feed. Good luck gettin help with these pros, if you wanna learn all different types of feeds, pm me and I'll get ya lined up man. Trust me. Yall be good.

Please enlighten the whole group on the types of feeds if what is posted is not "pro material". :help: :wink:
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Different types meaning the different words. Duga duga, tika tika, there's all types of words you can throw together to make your feed. Some duck callers use tika tika cause its easier for them, some choose duga duga. Either way its how you position the back of your jaw and tongue placement. But there is different types of feeds, refuge feed, Arkansas feed and then your feed. Have a great day, Go Rams
BAMF
hunter

Postby stevezim » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Thanks. I feel "lined up" now with that professional knowledge. Go Rams! :biggrin:
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Good cause I can only imagine how awful you are on your hobo.
BAMF
hunter

Postby stevezim » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 pm

BAMF wrote:Good cause I can only imagine how awful you are on your hobo.

Thanks pro. Have a good season!
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm no pro sir, but I did stay at a holiday inn. You have eason blowing your skank and tramp at grand pass or um what's the other, one shanks. That's it. Post lots of pics on Facebook of your tailgate shots.
BAMF
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:11 am

I've found if there is hunting pressure near and every other clown out there on public ground doing a feeder call, and overly loud "come here" if you dont call or just make a subtle and soft quack that they will land in your spread over the clowns who think they can call.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby stevezim » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:25 am

BAMF wrote:I'm no pro sir, but I did stay at a holiday inn. You have eason blowing your skank and tramp at grand pass or um what's the other, one shanks. That's it. Post lots of pics on Facebook of your tailgate shots.

Thanks, but you have no idea who I am or where I hunt. Don't have a single picture on facebook of a tailgate duck photo, but thanks anyway. I just find it interesting that you made the first post here saying "Good luck gettin help with these pros, if you wanna learn all different types of feeds, pm me and I'll get ya lined up man" when you just posted days ago "I'm new to the sport but think I'm doing pretty good." Anyway, I don't want to be in a pissing match with someone I don't even know. Best of luck to you this season! :thumbsup:
stevezim
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:15 pm

BAMF wrote:Different types meaning the different words. Duga duga, tika tika, there's all types of words you can throw together to make your feed. Some duck callers use tika tika cause its easier for them, some choose duga duga. Either way its how you position the back of your jaw and tongue placement. But there is different types of feeds, refuge feed, Arkansas feed and then your feed. Have a great day, Go Rams

Please enlighten us, what's an Arkansas feed???
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby stevezim » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:
BAMF wrote:Different types meaning the different words. Duga duga, tika tika, there's all types of words you can throw together to make your feed. Some duck callers use tika tika cause its easier for them, some choose duga duga. Either way its how you position the back of your jaw and tongue placement. But there is different types of feeds, refuge feed, Arkansas feed and then your feed. Have a great day, Go Rams

This should be entertaining Image
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:17 am

Well first of all Trevor is just a kid. So what's he know? Steve, I wanna hear your "feeder call" and then I'll let ya hear the Arkansas feed. And no Steve Dnt cheat and use your primos shaker. I wanna hear that God awful soundin tramp or skank. Nice lookin calls but them aint there ain't duck calls
BAMF
hunter

Feeder call

Postby Duck_Popper » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:15 am

Trevor Shannahan wrote:

Uhooh. Popcorn poppin.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby stevezim » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:28 am

BAMF wrote:Well first of all Trevor is just a kid. So what's he know? Steve, I wanna hear your "feeder call" and then I'll let ya hear the Arkansas feed. And no Steve Dnt cheat and use your primos shaker. I wanna hear that God awful soundin tramp or skank. Nice lookin calls but them aint there ain't duck calls

He simply asked you a question and I am anxious to hear your answer. This has nothing to do with my calling ability and never has. The guy starting the thread asked for help and I tried to give him some. You however came in with the insults as the "master of the feed" who is "new to the sport...but doing pretty good.". I typically don't like to get involved in these things, but think it sucks when people put down others who are trying to help. I am done here. Best of luck to you.

By the way, I don't own a tramp and don't run my skank in the field. I do run a gold-digger and I would put it up against most any other call out there. Thanks.
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:08 am

Good God I didn't know Trevors dad is on here. I've already pm'ed a couple of guys that have needed help and there soundin a lot better. And another thing you can take that gold digger and throw that junk in the marsh. You need a better call maybe Santa will come early this year.cab
BAMF
hunter

Postby DarenDeath » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:27 pm

BAMF
Big Arrogant Mega Feeder?
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby stevezim » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:42 pm

I don't know Trevor and frankly don't know what Trevor being a kid has to do with his calling ability or knowledge of calling, but OK. I would bet he has quite a bit more calling ability than either of us. Also, not sure what you have against Stump's calls but if you love your Gaston call, then glad to hear it. David makes a great call.
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Trevor is good no doubt about it old timer. I can hold my own. Stumps calls are good lookin but your better off with a wench. Gastons are way better but I do not own one though.
BAMF
hunter

Postby archv3 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:02 pm

BAMF . Tell me more about this AR feed call I think I know exactly what you are talking about. I did one the other day and had 50 teal drop out from heaven.
archv3
hunter

Next

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum