Feeder call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Re: Feeder call

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:14 pm

This is realy buggen the crap out of me. I am getting tired of this run around.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm

No that's really Corey
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm

OHCETNR wrote:Well after talking to a friend of the REAL Cory I would like to know why you would use the name of a reall caller and try detouring us off of the this BAMF thing you still hide behind. Untill I loose interest I will try my broken detective skills again. Just to let you know your starting to p!ss off people in the REAL WORLD boy. Im assuming thats what you are because a grone man would not ack like this. Later

You should definitely quit posting. You are wrong every time
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby stevezim » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Glad to see this thread is back up and going, but it sounds like BAMF may have told the truth for a change. :help:
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Good one ohcentr, your gettin smarter day by day. Cory can't hold a candle stick to my calling abilities. Wait til next year when I walk all over him on stage. Zim, you should stay outta this and collect more calls. God knows you need more. Anyways, Bamf is coming out with a new video so get your tickets and popcorn, its gnna be a good one.

I will be selling I luv Bamf t shirts and black hoodies at www.Bamfistheman.com move over belding BAMF is coming.
BAMF
hunter

Postby OHCETNR » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for the advise Trevor. Do you know who BAMF is?. I hate being wrong. But one thing I have been right about, but you know this, your one of the minabird callers I was refering to in an earlier post. You Took Kents meat routine and made just enough changes to not infringe on his copyright (if there was such a thing), and look how successful you were. Your goose calling has been exactly the same.

I know I know all routines have the same basic structure so lets not have that argument ok were both above that. But be your own man in the calling world, riding others shirt tails just sucks. Now if your all about call control(and thats what contest calling is all about) your doing fine, dont change a thing, someone will come up with a brand new sound that you can copy and stream it as quick as you can on youtube, so you can help others just like you. Your a great caller also dont get me wrong, but come on guy, you dont know me well enough to tell me to stop posting. Really not my style to argue on line. Remember you started this with me, so lets get that straight from the gitgo ok, I know your response will be written with a lot of knowledge and hard calling facts, because your one of the best out there. I am almost done posting on this thread.
OHCETNR
hunter

Feeder call

Postby Podcast » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Holy hell......ain't never seen a thread go on so damn long.

Back ta the question and a little bit a info from what I've learned over my 30 years huntin.

As fer the tika tika issue. Yes, ducks actually do that. It is rare but a single duck will actually make that sound. It is extremely quiet in contrast ta how most people blow it though. However, most commonly they chuckle. Very very quietly. In fact, unless its dead calm there's no point in even using those chuckles. If you have ta chuckle so loudly as to overcome a 10 mph + wind it will sound extremely unnatural. When the birds circle a real flock they can't hear those chuckles when it's windy.

I do use a lot more chuckles than any kind a rolling feed call fer sure but only sparingly in the right conditions. Most times as has been stated, not calling works better than anything after being blasted by calls and then shotguns.

Not that this thread is about this but while I'm on a roll.....

Highballing in most cases doesn't work very well with how most people use it. It's entirely unnatural. The few cases I've seen it work is when the birds are high up BUT, you need to slowly bring them in from there and that takes a lot a finesse. If the birds can hear a call from that far away they expect the birds ta be much closer than you are nailin on that highball call so a guy has ta coax them in slowly and methodically in most cases.

These are not set in stone rules but rule of thumb.
Stage 2 GTR rippin up a 1746 custom Mike Kliebert
Podcast
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:
OHCETNR wrote:Well after talking to a friend of the REAL Cory I would like to know why you would use the name of a reall caller and try detouring us off of the this BAMF thing you still hide behind. Untill I loose interest I will try my broken detective skills again. Just to let you know your starting to p!ss off people in the REAL WORLD boy. Im assuming thats what you are because a grone man would not ack like this. Later

You should definitely quit posting. You are wrong every time

Are you saying that BAMF is Cory? :huh: Because thats not what BAMF says.

BAMF wrote:Cory can't hold a candle stick to my calling abilities.
Last edited by The Duck Hammer on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Podcast wrote:Holy hell......ain't never seen a thread go on so damn long.

How about this one http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=123852? :fingerhead:
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Feeder call

Postby Podcast » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Ah, ya. Then there's that one. ^^
Stage 2 GTR rippin up a 1746 custom Mike Kliebert
Podcast
hunter

Postby stevezim » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Podcast wrote:Holy hell......ain't never seen a thread go on so damn long.

Back ta the question and a little bit a info from what I've learned over my 30 years huntin.

As fer the tika tika issue. Yes, ducks actually do that. It is rare but a single duck will actually make that sound. It is extremely quiet in contrast ta how most people blow it though. However, most commonly they chuckle. Very very quietly. In fact, unless its dead calm there's no point in even using those chuckles. If you have ta chuckle so loudly as to overcome a 10 mph + wind it will sound extremely unnatural. When the birds circle a real flock they can't hear those chuckles when it's windy.

I do use a lot more chuckles than any kind a rolling feed call fer sure but only sparingly in the right conditions. Most times as has been stated, not calling works better than anything after being blasted by calls and then shotguns.

Not that this thread is about this but while I'm on a roll.....

Highballing in most cases doesn't work very well with how most people use it. It's entirely unnatural. The few cases I've seen it work is when the birds are high up BUT, you need to slowly bring them in from there and that takes a lot a finesse. If the birds can hear a call from that far away they expect the birds ta be much closer than you are nailin on that highball call so a guy has ta coax them in slowly and methodically in most cases.

These are not set in stone rules but rule of thumb.

Talk about an off subject post...don't you know we abandoned the real thread long ago :biggrin: :wink: . The thread has been all about BAMF with his lies and insults. Keep em coming BAMF. Must be a pleasure to be your friend when your not hiding behind a PC. :fingerhead:
stevezim
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm

It seems we made it five full posts before BAMF took over. :yes:
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby BAMF » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:20 pm

BAMF is not Cory, I know Cory somewhat and he's not bad on a duck call. Zim zim zim, people can still post up there opinions on the "feeder call" ppl like you ended this thread when everyone couldn't take a joke and would always bring up the "so do you own a Gaston" then I posted up my sound file and then all my lil minions started pm'ing me wanting help. Which I did cause I enjoy helping guys learn different sounds/notes. As for you, I wouldn't give the time of day to help you. FYI.

I'm loving the hits this thread is getting. Keep um coming ladies. My first calling class is next Thursday for anyone that's interested. I love all duck hunters.
BAMF
hunter

Feeder call

Postby Duck_Popper » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Are you doing it through Skype? Ustream?
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Time? Location? Cost?
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby stevezim » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:33 pm

BAMF wrote:BAMF is not Cory, I know Cory somewhat and he's not bad on a duck call. Zim zim zim, people can still post up there opinions on the "feeder call" ppl like you ended this thread when everyone couldn't take a joke and would always bring up the "so do you own a Gaston" then I posted up my sound file and then all my lil minions started pm'ing me wanting help. Which I did cause I enjoy helping guys learn different sounds/notes. As for you, I wouldn't give the time of day to help you. FYI.

I'm loving the hits this thread is getting. Keep um coming ladies. My first calling class is next Thursday for anyone that's interested. I love all duck hunters.

Not sure how I ended the thread. I tried to offer help to the original poster and you came flying in as the master caller with the history of BS posts. People started calling you out for the liar you are and you just came back with personal insults and got your "little detention". I have never said anything in my posts that isn't true and I certainly don't call people names and make up stories like a 5 year old. You have a good feed if it is truly you, but you are the last person I would want help from.

BAMF still hiding...
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:53 am

I'm not sure how I'm gnna do the lessons. I'm thinkin Skype. $20 a person for one hour. Each Wk we will go over all the notes to use during duck season. Pm if yall are serious.

Liar? Hmm not that's a lie, the things I've stated have been either jokes or the truth. I'm not 5 but I did get my driver license last Wk so bamf is going world wide now. As for my feed, yes its me. Zim I'll charge you $15 a lesson just to show you its me. I think we can be close friends zim. What's your Facebook name and I'll request you buddy. I'm out.

Video is coming this morning
BAMF
hunter

Postby stevezim » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:14 am

BAMF wrote: As for my feed, yes its me. Zim I'll charge you $15 a lesson just to show you its me. I think we can be close friends zim. What's your Facebook name and I'll request you buddy.

No thanks.
stevezim
hunter

Postby BAMF » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:39 am

Go giants!
BAMF
hunter

Postby BAMF » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_fi0iRr ... el&list=UL

Here ya go ladies, bamf live and in color. Enjoy
BAMF
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:51 am

Lol well played sir
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:02 am

OHCETNR wrote:Thanks for the advise Trevor. Do you know who BAMF is?. I hate being wrong. But one thing I have been right about, but you know this, your one of the minabird callers I was refering to in an earlier post. You Took Kents meat routine and made just enough changes to not infringe on his copyright (if there was such a thing), and look how successful you were. Your goose calling has been exactly the same.

I know I know all routines have the same basic structure so lets not have that argument ok were both above that. But be your own man in the calling world, riding others shirt tails just sucks. Now if your all about call control(and thats what contest calling is all about) your doing fine, dont change a thing, someone will come up with a brand new sound that you can copy and stream it as quick as you can on youtube, so you can help others just like you. Your a great caller also dont get me wrong, but come on guy, you dont know me well enough to tell me to stop posting. Really not my style to argue on line. Remember you started this with me, so lets get that straight from the gitgo ok, I know your response will be written with a lot of knowledge and hard calling facts, because your one of the best out there. I am almost done posting on this thread.

The first year... Maybe. The second year I won I sounded nothing like Kent. I wanted to bring the contest more back towards actual duck. I slowed my cuts down, and cut out a lot of the bouncy Whitney baby duck crap. I put just enough in to give it some difficulty. Anyways my feed is about as far from Kent's as possible. He basically does a slow roll the whole routine, I cut the whole routine because that's what birds do on the water.

As for my goose calling, name one other caller I sound like right now? Nobody

As for my Main Street duck, I have had people copying parts of my routine since 09'. So no I'm not a copy cat on that either, although before 09 I used to use Stephens 05 routine. I could still blow it and do well if I wanted to, but I like doing my own thing and I think I do better doing that than copying
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby Scotty2hotty » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm

BAMF wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_fi0iRr ... el&list=UL

Here ya go ladies, bamf live and in color. Enjoy

Love it.
Better, a good days catch of fish than a lifetime of crabs... Phil Robertson
Rolling Rock Pro-Staff
Team Wise Ass
Scotty2hotty
hunter

Postby OHCETNR » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Well I have not heard you for a few days on a goose call so not sure about RIGHT now. But most of what you and most other callers do is a pretty good mix of hunter and a whole lot of Scott Thereins (not sure on the spelling). You may have spun a different name to it but its him. Like I said your a great caller and are one of the few who can blow the ass out of all three, main street, live duck and goose. Just remember there were and have only been a few callers who are truly original, and as of yet your not one of them. You keep pluggin away and the calling GODs may give you a note or to that you can call your own. Ba, by.

And one thing back to the feed call topic. Practice your feed up and down a scale. ga.....ga ga.....ga ga ga.....ga ga ga ga.....ga ga ga ga ga.....ga ga ga ga.....ga ga ga.....ga ga.....ga. AND BAM!!!!!!!! Thats how ya do it son. Its all about CONTROL for GODS sake!!

BAMF halloween is just around the corner, your favorite time of the year to hide and go out in public.
OHCETNR
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 pm

OHCETNR wrote:Well I have not heard you for a few days on a goose call so not sure about RIGHT now. But most of what you and most other callers do is a pretty good mix of hunter and a whole lot of Scott Thereins (not sure on the spelling). You may have spun a different name to it but its him. Like I said your a great caller and are one of the few who can blow the ass out of all three, main street, live duck and goose. Just remember there were and have only been a few callers who are truly original, and as of yet your not one of them. You keep pluggin away and the calling GODs may give you a note or to that you can call your own. Ba, by.

And one thing back to the feed call topic. Practice your feed up and down a scale. ga.....ga ga.....ga ga ga.....ga ga ga ga.....ga ga ga ga ga.....ga ga ga ga.....ga ga ga.....ga ga.....ga. AND BAM!!!!!!!! Thats how ya do it son. Its all about CONTROL for GODS sake!!

BAMF halloween is just around the corner, your favorite time of the year to hide and go out in public.

I don't have any hunter in my routine at all, I can't do what he does clean so I don't even try. I really don't have any Threinen in my routine either. I would love to hear where in my routine from anywhere in the last 2.5 years there is any of their influence in my goose routine.

Here are 2 to pick apart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDbcHYv7aHI&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24pMXGGGer0&sns=em
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum