RNT Diablo DS

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, stumpjumper, okiequacker, callinfowl

RNT Diablo DS

Postby delliott92 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 pm

How does the new Diablo DS sound compared to the old style cutters?
(Just wondering cause mines on the way and I can't wait..) :hammer:
Mallards=56
Teal-23
Snows-24
Specks-32
Redhead-4
Canvasback-3
Ringneck-1
Wood duck-4
delliott92
hunter

Re: RNT Diablo DS

Postby The Duck Hammer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:55 pm

Not even close to each other. The DS is squeaky and soft. OSDC are loud and mean. No comparison at all. I was very excited about getting mine and was disappointed.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

The DS kinda reminds me of the timber hawg.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby stevezim » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 pm

I think the DS is a unique call and nothing like an old style DC. It's a fairly soft call that is easy to blow. Has a lot of duck in it and no real top end (keeps its raspiness at higher volumes almost like a quiet version of a cutdown IMO). I like mine but I don't think I would want it as my only call on the lanyard unless I was hunting small water.
stevezim
hunter

Postby cupnglide » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:32 pm

stevezim wrote:I think the DS is a unique call and nothing like an old style DC. It's a fairly soft call that is easy to blow. Has a lot of duck in it and no real top end (keeps its raspiness at higher volumes almost like a quiet version of a cutdown IMO). I like mine but I don't think I would want it as my only call on the lanyard unless I was hunting small water.

Perfectly stated. The sound is among the best of any calls. I wish they'd offer a bored-out version with way more volume and less hold. Keep the unique sound, but make it loud.
cupnglide
hunter

Postby delliott92 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:50 pm

Well I guess imma have to just pay up and buy an old style..
Mallards=56
Teal-23
Snows-24
Specks-32
Redhead-4
Canvasback-3
Ringneck-1
Wood duck-4
delliott92
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 pm

delliott92 wrote:Well I guess imma have to just pay up and buy an old style..

New styles sound just as good. OS are a little louder and harder to run. You are not missing out on much. Definitely not for the price they are going for.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
delliott92 wrote:Well I guess imma have to just pay up and buy an old style..

New styles sound just as good. OS are a little louder and harder to run. You are not missing out on much. Definitely not for the price they are going for.

Definately not worth the price. They are for sure harder to run and no 2 really sund or run the same.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby Derrick C. » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Love mine. Running this a coco sb and os dc. The dc has lost it's spot and will become either a shelf item or I will sell it
Derrick C.
hunter

Postby delliott92 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:05 am

Ok I guess I'll get the shop to make me one with the duck skull above the logo. With the new tone board. I guess I like the design better also on them. And reb you live right down the road. I live north of bossier.
Mallards=56
Teal-23
Snows-24
Specks-32
Redhead-4
Canvasback-3
Ringneck-1
Wood duck-4
delliott92
hunter

Postby Fattygreens » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:55 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
delliott92 wrote:Definately not worth the price. They are for sure harder to run and no 2 really sund or run the same.

The same could be said for any RNT ....
Fattygreens
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:
delliott92 wrote:Definately not worth the price. They are for sure harder to run and no 2 really sund or run the same.

I definately disagree. Let me guess, you're a cutdown guy?
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby Fattygreens » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:20 pm

rebelp74 wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

No sir, just a facts guy :welcome:
Fattygreens
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:21 pm

Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

So you don't care for rnt? Why?
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Your facts are wrong. You use duck commander calls and have barrel stickers dont you.
jaysweet3 wrote:

The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:34 am

I'll vote with the other guys. The Diablo DS was a big disappointment to me. As far as the OS DC's go I wouldn't get too invested in them unless you like to collect. I have some new ones that I prefer over my old style's. I wouldn't agree that they all sound different. I have around 12 and they all tune up pretty similar.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Fattygreens » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:19 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

Your facts are wrong. You use duck commander calls and have barrel stickers dont you.

Whats wrong with barrel stickers and duck commanders? I would love to hear either one of you boys post up a soundfile of you calling. Should be entertaining. People put to much faith in guys actually knowing what they are talking about on these forums without ever knowing if the folks they are asking for advice even really know how to run a call half decent in the first place.
Fattygreens
hunter

Postby Deltahawg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Yeah the reason they sound different is because everyone sounds different. Single reeds have more versatility then a double reed. Double reeds are easier to use, but have less ability to change tone, single reeds on the other hand can sound like many different ducks. Doesn't meen one is better then the other it's simply personel choice.
Deltahawg
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Deltahawg wrote:Yeah the reason they sound different is because everyone sounds different. Single reeds have more versatility then a double reed. Double reeds are easier to use, but have less ability to change tone, single reeds on the other hand can sound like many different ducks. Doesn't meen one is better then the other it's simply personel choice.

:ditto: People have different tones of voice, air approach, etc. Which results in a different tone from the call.
Indaswamp wrote:

Dat's what She said....

rebelp74
hunter

Postby Trick » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:03 am

Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

You don't know how to run an RNT, simple as that.
Trick
hunter

Postby garza7585 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:09 am

I really like my DS Diablo. I WAS very disappointed when I first got the call, especially after early rumors were that it would be a bored out version of the DC Diablo which I loved at the time.

My first thoughts were, "Seriously? I spent 140 bucks on this?!" and I wrote it off and tossed it in my truck instead of the lanyard. I got to blowing it to and from work and messed with it in a parking lot so I could hear the echo and I began to like it more and more till it took the main loop on my lanyard over my DC Diablo and DC.

I put alot of ducks in the hole with that call (by my standards anyway, hunting public land in metro-Detroit) and I really like it.

Its a smooth call and easy to run... Almost like a smoother Short Barrel. Smooth and easy transitions to different ducks. The single cut feeds and bouncing hens are sexy and its got a good squeal. Range is decent. I feel the very top end is lacking as far as loud ducks and that is the only drawback to me, higher volume.

That being said I retuned my regular DC and its sounds great. I think it'll be a good 1-2 punch next season.

Sent from my crappy DS Diablo
garza7585
hunter

Postby Fattygreens » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Trick wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I am willing to put good money I can run an RNT better than 99% of the people on this thread. It wasn't a diss on RNT as whole it was in reference to no 2 sounding the same of the exact same call. I have not had a chance to run the DS but I am willing to bet it's twice the call all these yahoos are saying it is compared to it's counterparts.
Fattygreens
hunter

Postby EASTTN » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Man you took the thoughts out of my head that it runs like a smooth short barrel but with more hold to it. I love my short barrel but the ds like you said is just smooth easy transitions and feel like its can get whisper soft. I have enjoyed the call but did not get a chance to hunt it this season. I really feel you could add a MVP or open water call of your choice or cutdown in woods and be ready to shoot.
EASTTN
hunter

Postby duckslayer74 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Fattygreens wrote:
Trick wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

I am willing to put good money I can run an RNT better than 99% of the people on this thread. It wasn't a diss on RNT as whole it was in reference to no 2 sounding the same of the exact same call. I have not had a chance to run the DS but I am willing to bet it's twice the call all these yahoos are saying it is compared to it's counterparts.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Got proof? Titles or awards?
Winchester SX2 12ga, SX3 20ga, Kicks Highflyer and Terror chokes.
duckslayer74
hunter

Postby NovaNation » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:48 pm

duckslayer74 wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
Trick wrote:
Fattygreens wrote:
rebelp74 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Got proof? Titles or awards?

I'll vouch for fattygreens on the RNT thing. He's pretty filthy on one.
NN
NovaNation
hunter

Next

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum