question about calling

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

question about calling

Postby SilverLakehunter » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:54 pm

OK who practices in their truck or car while driving? I do and when i think about it.....imagine driving down the road and seeing someone in the rig next to you with a duck call.....that would be funny......but the truck is the best place when your going somewhere...
BOOOOOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!!!!!!
SilverLakehunter
hunter

Postby KO » Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:48 am

I do...365 days a year...my job is driving around so I have the good fortune to spend alot of time.......
KO
hunter

Postby donell67 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:00 pm

i practice calling while driving sometimes.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:00 pm

I practice everyday when I drive. Can get the girls too look at you if they ain't already :cool: . My calls are hanging off my rearview right now, but when I get out there, they will be around my neck.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby DanT » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:13 pm

I have at least 2 hours of drive time everyday, and practice 5 days a week. Sometimes after a few hail calls on an RNT acrylic, my ears are ringing when I get out of the truck! The downside is my calling sounds a lot better in my truck to me than it does to the ducks when I'm in the woods or open water! I'm surprised no one has come out with a call specifically for indoor use.... :laughing:
I keep score by the number of times I get to hunt, not by the number of birds we get.
DanT
hunter

Postby KO » Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:13 pm

Yeah I suppose I should mention the fact that I'm about deaf.....but i lost it to a good cause
KO
hunter

Postby MOBOTTOMBOY » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:42 pm

I keep a call with me year round and around my neck from Sept. through Jan. I practice all the time I have for 30 years. I consider myself a ok caller, In another 30 years I will be a good caller.

Duck calling is just like golf everyone practices wacking it off the tee (highball) but the game is won & really lost in the short game and on the green (quacks, clucks & chuckles)

practice your short game while driving. It's easy on your ears and will up your sucess ratio. When you blow a High-ball at a flock of ducks 300 yards away flying 50 MPH in the wind do you really think they hear much of it? I don't , I bet you my buddies dog or my son that they just hear a quack hear and there.

Frank
MOBOTTOMBOY
hunter

Postby SLIM » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:32 am

I call in my truck whenever I'm alone driving for a while. I'm in college, so when I head home for a weekend or for the holidays you better believe I'm 12 syllable high ballin' it all the way home. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that does it. If you think about it though, it's really a great place to do it because you don't annoy the heck out of anyone else. However, it would be funny to know what other people think when I pass them, and I have a piece of plastic up to my mouth.
"A good duck call is like a good woman. Happy is the man that finds both on his short stay on Earth."

- "Duck Commander", Phil Robertson -
SLIM
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum