toxic calls?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

toxic calls?

Postby joemc » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:13 pm

has anyone tried these and whats your opinion.
TEAM FOWL ADDICTION
2013/14 season
deer-3
woodies-1
ruddys-14
canvasback-2
Canada geese-16
turkey-2 big toms
joemc
hunter

Re: toxic calls?

Postby norcalweaz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:58 pm

You can find a bunch on that duck call trader on Facebook. I've never tried one.
norcalweaz
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 am

Buddy of mine is coming to visit me tomorrow. he picked a couple up. I let ya know what I think after I run them a bit
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:56 pm

They're made from poured resin They sound like a $25 poly call IMO
Jake88
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:12 am

Didn't like the goose calls, but I think it was mainly their guts. I owned the NBD and it was an awesome single reed. I think they could be cheaper for material they are made out of.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby nobs » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:51 am

They seem to be in the price range of everyone else selling this junk. :hi:
http://www.addictioncalls.com/mseries.htm
nobs
hunter

Postby trout » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:06 am

Just got one...I gotta admit they're pretty neat and I think they sound good to very good.
trout
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 am

I wouldnt get caught owning or let alone blowing one of those things. Call trader is flooded with them thats all you ever see.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby trout » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:59 am

The one I have is a good call.
trout
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:43 am

nobs wrote:They seem to be in the price range of everyone else selling this junk. :hi:
http://www.addictioncalls.com/mseries.htm

A $25-35 difference is in the same price range???

I can tell you after having Toxic and C&S(who molds Addiction, GK, ect too) in my hands that the quality of the material Stelner uses is better to me. There are a lot of different materials to do this kind of molding out of.

As far as sound, goose calls are goose calls. I can take 2 pieces of PVC and stick a good set of guts in and have a call that can kill geese. The main differences in goose calls are how they run. To me the Toxic goose call took too much air for my liking. Just a personal thing, but like I said you can kill geese with pretty much any goose call on the market.

As for the duck calls, I didn't really like them. They were pretty flat to me. I haven't tried their newest one though.

As far as looks, can't stand the engraving. Once again, that's just a personal thing, and I think many of their sales are BECAUSE of their engraving. I like bands too
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby nobs » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Trevor, I understand that you have to defend this because he molds for the guy you work for. But let's not bicker over taste or sound. We all know the calls you are talking about are sub par. Lets not get into what's sucks less..I just find it funny that the toxic guy says his are low density poly and is bashed, but the guy that says his are acrylic and lies is not... I would ask you this would butch put his name on this crap? I doubt it.. This came about so these guys could copy toneboards.. I find funny that these calls run better than the real wood and acrylics the make..
nobs
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:53 pm

nobs wrote:Trevor, I understand that you have to defend this because he molds for the guy you work for. But let's not bicker over taste or sound. We all know the calls you are talking about are sub par. Lets not get into what's sucks less..I just find it funny that the toxic guy says his are low density poly and is bashed, but the guy that says his are acrylic and lies is not... I would ask you this would butch put his name on this crap? I doubt it.. This came about so these guys could copy toneboards.. I find funny that these calls run better than the real wood and acrylics the make..

He molds guts for us, that's it. Our calls are molded by somebody else.

I can tell you that this stuff doesn't sound like crap. I took one of our molded calls with our molded guts and won a contest on it after only having the call for maybe a week. It must not sound too bad.

I have won meat contests with my own pour molded duck inserts back in the day too.

The guy is getting bashed because his calls are overpriced because of material AND sound qualities. If he was in the 60-70 range people wouldnt bitch, but they probably would still say the same of the sound quality.

Stelzners molded calls sound really good, but so do his custom calls. You know what, I might even have a sound file of one somewhere. I will look
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby nobs » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Trev no need to look it up I seen it already.it wasn't very good, you never really showed any range just a lot of low end. U know as well as any one that is we're a bad call design shines is the bottom end. You never answers my question if butch would make calls out if this crap and sell them as acrylic?
nobs
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 pm

nobs wrote:Trev no need to look it up I seen it already.it wasn't very good, you never really showed any range just a lot of low end. U know as well as any one that is we're a bad call design shines is the bottom end. You never answers my question if butch would make calls out if this crap and sell them as acrylic?

Most of my sound files I do mostly low end in. I thought it was a hell of a fast hunting call. Took a little bit of air to run, but had a ton of range, good bottom end, and good tone.

I completely disagree with you too, the mark of a good design is the ability to have a good low end.

And no because RNT can afford injection molds... Cheaper per part, more consistent, and can sell cheaper.
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby nobs » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:23 pm

I didnt ask about rnt or how they would make a less expensive call. I asked if butch would put his name on that type of call. If you want to make a sound file why don't you run your sb and the C&S you have for sale like you do md and lets compare what the C&S is lacking?
nobs
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:44 am

I just looked these up on eBay. They are certainly hideous. The price seems about $40-50 too high also
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby nobs » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:26 am

I believe that C&S is 90 for a call with a fake band it and the toxic guy is 90 for a call covered in engraving. Both guys selling a poured resin call for 90 but one (C&S) says his acrylic, again why don't bash the company that is lying?
nobs
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:05 am

nobs wrote:I believe that C&S is 90 for a call with a fake band it and the toxic guy is 90 for a call covered in engraving. Both guys selling a poured resin call for 90 but one (C&S) says his acrylic, again why don't bash the company that is lying?

I love how you bash a great guy like Mike Stelzner behind his back. All of Mikes calls are hand turned and are what he says they are. It is ok though you seem like another but hurt individual who didn't get your way. Before you bash others how about you post your sound file up there mister hot crap?
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby nobs » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:23 am

What does a soundfile have to do with anything? If you ask him I'm sure he won't lie. I would highly doubt there not Cnc cut either..

Just the facts boys.. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=229072
Trev what about my answer????
DMb I'm still waiting on your answer as well??
nobs
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:31 am

quacknstack6 wrote:
nobs wrote:I believe that C&S is 90 for a call with a fake band it and the toxic guy is 90 for a call covered in engraving. Both guys selling a poured resin call for 90 but one (C&S) says his acrylic, again why don't bash the company that is lying?

I love how you bash a great guy like Mike Stelzner behind his back. All of Mikes calls are hand turned and are what he says they are. It is ok though you seem like another but hurt individual who didn't get your way. Before you bash others how about you post your sound file up there mister hot crap?

Mike is a friend, but ALL of his calls aren't hand turned... Yes he hand turns some, but he also does a lot of pour molded stuff and has had CNCd calls made in the past too
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:

Mike is a friend, but ALL of his calls aren't hand turned... Yes he hand turns some, but he also does a lot of pour molded stuff and has had CNCd calls made in the past too

When I referred to his hand turned I was referring to the wooden customs he does. I am fully aware that most call makers do pour molded or CNC.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby nobs » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:26 pm

First you say they are all hand turned now just the wood is? Your not helping your boy much. That poured stuff isn't acrylic either ask trev or refer to thread link I posted. Remember I am not debating feelings, just facts. So if its not acrylic and we know that, could you explain how a fact is bashing?
nobs
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:10 am

nobs wrote:First you say they are all hand turned now just the wood is? Your not helping your boy much. That poured stuff isn't acrylic either ask trev or refer to thread link I posted. Remember I am not debating feelings, just facts. So if its not acrylic and we know that, could you explain how a fact is bashing?

Who are you?
mayhem96
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Love the call forum.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:04 pm

That got off topic. OP asked what we thought about Toxic calls. Not who was buddies with owners of call companies. You guys amaze me.
Every thread goes on a tangent
Jake88
hunter

Next

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum