toxic calls?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Re: toxic calls?

Postby WTN10 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Jake88 wrote:That got off topic. OP asked what we thought about Toxic calls. Not who was buddies with owners of call companies. You guys amaze me.
Every thread goes on a tangent

You're not helping.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Jake88 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Yeah I know
Jake88
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Jake88 wrote:That got off topic. OP asked what we thought about Toxic calls. Not who was buddies with owners of call companies. You guys amaze me.
Every thread goes on a tangent

Welcome to the off season :lol3: :lol3: :fingerpt: :fingerpt:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:10 pm

I got the eod goose call and the wedge had about 8layers of electrical tape on it?
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby moreychuck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:45 am

hillbilly.. wrote:I got the eod goose call and the wedge had about 8layers of electrical tape on it?

damn you all will have to replace that with duc tape
Glimmerjim wrote:
I always wondered why I seem to like myself so much when I am watching pink snakes crawl through my walls.
moreychuck
hunter

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:45 pm

Had a toxic goose call, and i hated it. Sent it back for a tune came back the exact same way it was. Wedge wasn't moved reed wasn't replaced. Needless to say, I will never own another. On the other hand, It would make a great party horn for a kids birthday party or something. that's an option since you probably won't even be able to give it away once you buy one.
ducksNgeese91
hunter

Postby Bryce_Decker » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:03 am

I don't know much about them except that I can't get past the engraving...
Bryce_Decker
hunter

Postby timber ghost » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:41 am

Bryce_Decker wrote:I don't know much about them except that I can't get past the engraving...

Must be what's driving the price up
timber ghost
hunter

Postby coruptone » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:43 pm

ducksNgeese91 wrote:Had a toxic goose call, and i hated it. Sent it back for a tune came back the exact same way it was. Wedge wasn't moved reed wasn't replaced. Needless to say, I will never own another. On the other hand, It would make a great party horn for a kids birthday party or something. that's an option since you probably won't even be able to give it away once you buy one.

now,now. When i got my toxic goose call i tried every model that mike had and with my calling style they where all high pitched. so i picked a call fit my hand well then mike shaved the reed a little at a time until i could get the low notes i wanted. Try sanding the reed a little, that one thing has helped me with all my calls. :thumbsup:
coruptone
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 am

nobs wrote:What does a soundfile have to do with anything? If you ask him I'm sure he won't lie. I would highly doubt there not Cnc cut either..

Just the facts boys.. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=229072
Trev what about my answer????
DMb I'm still waiting on your answer as well??

I just am curious who has your panties all bunched up. :yes: I am not answering your question so you can keep trolling the forum.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby tornadochaser » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:13 pm

I had 6 toxics at one time. Paid $60 for all 6 on a no reserve ebay auction. The guts in all 4 goose calls required tape on the wedge. No clue if they were stock or not though. The less bored of the two duck calls sounded good to me but the band fell off. I think they had a good market target when they were just getting rolling and selling calls new on ebay for $50. Now the engraving is obnoxious and the price has doubled. To each their own I guess. I've run two different C & S diehard series calls and each one sounded great.

Sent from my DROID Pro
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:02 pm

DMB, trolls keep things alive. Just look at that cutdown thread :lol: :lol:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:13 pm

WTN10 wrote:Love the call forum.

Especially in the off season. :boxing:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby cuppedandkilled » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:19 pm

I have a old(er) Toxic QOK. I really like the call, and it sounds A LOT much better than my $25 Quackhead. So I'd have to disagree with whoever said they're comparable to a cheaper call. I can get really high, and really low with all the squeeks & chuckles I want to get out of it.

HOWEVER, My calls engravings are calm compared to the newer ones & I only paid $50 for mine... no where near retail. The engravings are attracting younger hunters, that's for sure. Take that however you'd like.

Now, would I pick a Toxic over a RNT Diablo or Daisy Cutter with the same price tag? Absolutely not. Again, I feel that these calls are a great call for $50-$70.

In the end, I'd blow on a call shaped like a dog turd if I was confident in it and the ducks came in feet down everytime I blew it. I'm willing to bet most of you would, too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Postby choc24/7 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:20 pm

nobs wrote:I believe that C&S is 90 for a call with a fake band it and the toxic guy is 90 for a call covered in engraving. Both guys selling a poured resin call for 90 but one (C&S) says his acrylic, again why don't bash the company that is lying?

barkin up the wrong tree......that is going from A+ to a D......the engraving is horrible on Toxic and Mike is top notch.....sheeeet my G ma can punch digits in a machine and make a call....do not compare toxic to HANDMADE calls.....
nothin like watchin' prior skybustin'

i usually have good seats for the show
choc24/7
hunter

Postby Gulfcoast » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:12 am

Is "poured resin" not the same thing as "molded poly?"
So many ducks, so little time . . .

HRCH Ellie Mae MH
Tipsy Puppy
Gulfcoast
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Gulfcoast wrote:Is "poured resin" not the same thing as "molded poly?"

No, one is poured and the other is injection molded.
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Previous

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum