Full scroll on eBay

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Full scroll on eBay

Postby Lemonhead » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:41 am

Can anyone tell if the blue and chartreuse full scroll on ebay is an old style or new style? Barrel looks new but the insert isn't dated.
Lemonhead
hunter

Re: Full scroll on eBay

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 am

Deff a new style. I feel sorry for the idiots paying that. You can get a call identical to that today for 130$. 100% positive its a new DC.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:44 am

That's what I thought. I just ordered a full scroll from the RNT shop and it was $150. Had butch tune it like the old style and its awesome. I'd like to have an actual old style DC one day but couldn't bring myself to hunt with a $350 call
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby QwackAddict33 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 am

I have been watching this call too just for kicks, but I'm kind of confused about if it's a legit OS or New Style. If the insert is not dated then that would make it a legit OS insert correct? :huh:
Hitmen Waterfowl TV- Team Wingmen
Society Staff at Scott Threinen's Molt Gear
Pro Staff at LastCall Waterfowl
Field Staff at GoHuntBirds.com
QwackAddict33
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 am

From what I know about the history the guy who owned it before had it made but RNT made the wrong color barrel so he sold it and is having them make him a new call. I'm guessing its a new style that didn't get dated for some reason
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 am

No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:48 am

I would need better pictures, but that insert does not look like a new style insert. (The call I am looking at is blue)

New styles have a much different shape to them.
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby QwackAddict33 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks for attaching that Bishop. But it's weird that the insert wasn't dated, someone messed up.
Hitmen Waterfowl TV- Team Wingmen
Society Staff at Scott Threinen's Molt Gear
Pro Staff at LastCall Waterfowl
Field Staff at GoHuntBirds.com
QwackAddict33
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:24 am

Trevor Shannahan wrote:I would need better pictures, but that insert does not look like a new style insert. (The call I am looking at is blue)

We are talking about the full scroll. Blue n chartruese insert. Not the all blue one.
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:24 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:
Trevor Shannahan wrote:I would need better pictures, but that insert does not look like a new style insert. (The call I am looking at is blue)

We are talking about the full scroll. Blue n chartruese insert. Not the all blue one.

Just found it. He doesn't advertise it as an old style though
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby RNTbuck » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

QwackAddict33 wrote:

Thanks for attaching that Bishop. But it's weird that the insert wasn't dated, someone messed up.

actually no, thats not necc true....contrary to popular belief, not ALL new style toneboards engraved with full scroll were dated. there were some bought after 06 and 07 that got the scroll work requested to be engraved, but the dating didnt start happening until 2011, even then, its still not out of the question that one could have slipped through. it was only after things began to get ridiculous in price, increased amount of scroll engraving requests at RNT, and possibly some imposters being advertised for sale as old, but really be new, that the dating started happening. interestingly enough, its very easy to tell regardless of the engraving, but i suppose i could see how some people still might could be mis-led
Brah...I'm gonna need counsel
whitecotton wrote:.. I hear you like some schit called a torta.. pm me what the hell it is and ill try to steal you one..
RNTbuck
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:
Dbishop311 wrote:

Just found it. He doesn't advertise it as an old style though

You didnt see the first listing he ended. He sure advertised it as an old style toneboard that sounded so great and everyone was looking for. The dudes a liar/thief. He knows better.
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby Goose Isle Gunner » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:16 pm

You can have a full scroll with no date as stated. I got a new style full scroll in 2010/11. Don't remember exactly when. No date on insert. I would never sell it as an old style. I actually hunt the scroll barrel with an SB insert. Sent the scroll insert in with an amboyna blank for a call. Butch must have disliked the sound because it spent some time in his jig (has mark) I should put that one on ebay $$$ :biggrin:
Goose Isle Gunner
hunter

Postby Hrchcole » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:04 pm

He certainly knows better! His additions to the description tell you he knows what he's doing. I just can't believe someone is gonna pay over $200 for a call they can order everyday of the week for regular price. Unreal...
Hrchcole
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Yea you should see the messages he sent me. He knows damn well what hes doing. To bad you cant message the bidders anymore. Just kills me to see people get their money taken from them. Not right :no:
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:50 pm

QwackAddict33 wrote:I have been watching this call too just for kicks, but I'm kind of confused about if it's a legit OS or New Style. If the insert is not dated then that would make it a legit OS insert correct? :huh:

Not correct. The rnt collection thread has one in it.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby WTN10 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:22 am

burnem89 is his name. Don't buy chit from him.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:22 pm

331$!!! Lol. Someone is going to be quite angry when they find out what they bought. Just because theres not a date on it doesnt mean a thing. Another dead give away besides the shape, smooth toneboard, the old ad stating its a new style, is the scroll work is up side down. Go look at an old scroll insert and then look at this one. Its catty-whompus :no: I figured itd bring 200$ but no where near this.
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby catdiesel15 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:44 pm

Bet there'll be a retraction
catdiesel15
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:331$!!! Lol. Someone is going to be quite angry when they find out what they bought. Just because theres not a date on it doesnt mean a thing. Another dead give away besides the shape, smooth toneboard, the old ad stating its a new style, is the scroll work is up side down. Go look at an old scroll insert and then look at this one. Its catty-whompus :no: I figured itd bring 200$ but no where near this.

You do realize that with the machine they use it is all but impossible to get one crooked. Unless of course the intent was to make it that way.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Dbishop311 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Did I say crooked? I said upside down. Or catty-whompus. Just a term but not "crooked"
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby catdiesel15 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Speaking of crooked.... errrr retraction <<---- Told Y'all

Ya'z done cost the smuck $128 , the power of DHC :lol3:
catdiesel15
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:19 pm

Haha. Looks like they got smart and listened to what people are trying to tell them. Thats great. Heres an example for everyone that isnt smart enough.
Full scroll old style DC

Ebay new style. The engraving is "upside down."
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Did I say crooked? I said upside down. Or catty-whompus. Just a term but not "crooked"

Catty-whompus means crooked. Especially when you already described it as upside down.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Dbishop311 wrote:Haha. Looks like they got smart and listened to what people are trying to tell them. Thats great. Heres an example for everyone that isnt smart enough.
Full scroll old style DC

Ebay new style. The engraving is "upside down."

If they can't tell just by the insert shape then they deserve to get screwed. It is blatantly obvious
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Next

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum