Daisy Cutter "BLACKOUT"

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Re: Daisy Cutter "BLACKOUT"

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Derrick C. wrote:
DarenDeath wrote:
Derrick C. wrote:
Dbishop311 wrote:Thats the RNT marketing I always talk about. Say they are limited runs and everyone scrambles to get one. Especially on this site. You want to know how people really feel about them go check the Fuge.

Isn't Echo doing the same thing with those swirl calls right now? Pretty sure I have seen it advertised limited quantity.

Do you mean the Echos on ebay? They are limited to 3 by the description and looked like they came in a wooden box. I'd call that "limited"
Marketing is one thing and renaming a call with a new paint job is another. I doubt they start a new "line" of "blackout" calls, but then again maybe it would be profitable to do so. Take a call and rough tumble it and your done...

Isn't it called DC blackout kinda like DC boots on? The echo also said they may carry in the future in a post a while back. when they first atarted doing those. But hey, haters gonna hate. And when no one is looking, buy a couple. I can think of two blackout calls right now that have been on this forum for a bit. Mondo and DC. Yes they were custom but look what it has started.

The DC blackout came first. FWIW
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:16 pm

DarenDeath wrote:
Derrick C. wrote:
Dbishop311 wrote:Thats the RNT marketing I always talk about. Say they are limited runs and everyone scrambles to get one. Especially on this site. You want to know how people really feel about them go check the Fuge.

Isn't Echo doing the same thing with those swirl calls right now? Pretty sure I have seen it advertised limited quantity.

Do you mean the Echos on ebay? They are limited to 3 by the description and looked like they came in a wooden box. I'd call that "limited"
Marketing is one thing and renaming a call with a new paint job is another. I doubt they start a new "line" of "blackout" calls, but then again maybe it would be profitable to do so. Take a call and rough tumble it and your done...

I wouldn't say these calls are renamed anymore than a boots on sb is renamed. You can't fault them for wanting to sell calls. It's their job.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Re: Daisy Cutter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:56 pm

It's just a new color of DC with slightly different engraving and a different band? They made it exclusively for Cabelas. It's not some HUGE deal that is some marketing scheme, it essentially the same as adding a new color to the line up. I swear everybody on these forums gets their panties in a bunch over anything.

And as I said before its a color option that several other companies have already.
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby Derrick C. » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:38 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
DarenDeath wrote:
Derrick C. wrote:

I wouldn't say these calls are renamed anymore than a boots on sb is renamed. You can't fault them for wanting to sell calls. It's their job.

That was my point. Thanks for saying for what I was trying to say. My mind says one and I type another. And yes the DC came first. They both are sweet. Wish I would have thought of that.
Derrick C.
hunter

Postby DarenDeath » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

ByersFarm wrote:

Trevor Shannahan wrote:It's just a new color of DC with slightly different engraving and a different band? They made it exclusively for Cabelas. It's not some HUGE deal that is some marketing scheme, it essentially the same as adding a new color to the line up. I swear everybody on these forums gets their panties in a bunch over anything.
And as I said before its a color option that several other companies have already.

I'm wasn't trying to bash RNT. I know they are in the business of making and selling calls. I was half serious about them getting more profit by tumble finish only, as a new color choice. It would be interesting.
However if you look on cabelas site, the color is not a choice, it's available as a different call. That could be cabelas marketing, they are in the business of selling a lot of stuff...
I don't like the look personally and that may be odd since a year ago, I jumped at the Mack's DS. Might be I'm getting old? I have a number of RNT calls and will likely have a few more. They make good quacks :yes:
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:24 pm

Tumble finish???

I can tell you exactly how everybody else goes about doing this color... Nothing, it comes straight off the machine with a matte finish and no tooling marks if the machinist is worth anything. Just send it to the engraver and it's ready to go
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby DarenDeath » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Trevor Shannahan wrote:Tumble finish???

I can tell you exactly how everybody else goes about doing this color... Nothing, it comes straight off the machine with a matte finish and no tooling marks if the machinist is worth anything. Just send it to the engraver and it's ready to go

I have not seen this finish in person. I have been in the manufacturing business for more than a few years. I know how to cut metal, plastic and even know how cost efficiency would work into ease of output and profit. If they don't use a tumbler, great. If you don't know what a tumbler does, you should maybe go to bed. Don't get your panties in a bunch, but it's past your bedtime and you've got some homework.
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:14 pm

DarenDeath wrote:

I have not seen this finish in person. I have been in the manufacturing business for more than a few years. I know how to cut metal, plastic and even know how cost efficiency would work into ease of output and profit. If they don't use a tumbler, great. If you don't know what a tumbler does, you should maybe go to bed. Don't get your panties in a bunch, but it's past your bedtime and you've got some homework.

I don't run machines, or work in a machine shop. I just know how our calls are made.
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby ByersFarm » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:32 am

Bingo. The tumbler is used on calls that will be polished.

ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby millerms06 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:25 am

Apart from what the dang thing looks like, it's a Daisy Cutter. If you don't like it, get a different color! End of story....except a few years from now when it is on EBay for 300 bucks and sells because you can't get it anymore.

Being sarcastic with the last, but you all get how things sometimes go with this stuff.
millerms06
hunter

Postby catdiesel15 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 pm

$110 shipped , got me a deal on one today :thumbsup:
catdiesel15
hunter

Postby QwackAddict33 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:45 pm

If there's anyone out there that wants to sell one off already let me know! I was just going to get it from Cabelas until the total came to just over $200 because Cabelas will only do priority shipping with tracking to Canada :mad:
Hitmen Waterfowl TV- Team Wingmen
Society Staff at Scott Threinen's Molt Gear
Pro Staff at LastCall Waterfowl
Field Staff at GoHuntBirds.com
QwackAddict33
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Really 200 dam.

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby Dbishop311 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Cabelas sucks. Their shipping/handling + tax is ridiculous. I quit buying stuff from them a long time ago.
No contest ring. No gimmicks. No compromising. It’s just pure, raw, balls-to-the-wall, don’t tell your mother, most powerful, non-nuclear duck calling machine on the planet.This call may not be for everyone. But if you can drive it, Game over......
Dbishop311
hunter

Postby catdiesel15 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:10 pm

$165 total for mine :no:
catdiesel15
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 am

I wish somebody live by one with them in stock where I could pay them and pay for the shipping

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby catdiesel15 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:10 am

txhunter90 wrote:I wish somebody live by one with them in stock where I could pay them and pay for the shipping

TX

Still would have to pay taxes ... :help:

To me the extra fees get way overlooked, take the JS DS for example .... folks getting $200 out of one today aren't making that much profit .... a new one that is ....
catdiesel15
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 pm

The BlackOut DC is down to $79.99 already. Hell of a deal for a DC IMO.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 am

KillerKowalski wrote:The BlackOut DC is down to $79.99 already. Hell of a deal for a DC IMO.

Huh?

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:15 am

The Daisy Cutter at Cabelas is down to $79.99 already!
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:26 pm

Dang I thought everybody was joking

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:31 pm

txhunter90 wrote:Dang I thought everybody was joking

TX

Unfortunately no. :no: :oops:
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:

TX

What did you pay full price for yours?

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:38 pm

txhunter90 wrote:
The Duck Hammer wrote:

TX

What did you pay full price for yours?

TX

$160
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby garza7585 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Paid 98 with tax and shipping... Their shipping rates are ridiculous.

It was 13 bucks to ship a call?!? Seriously?! Get real!!!
garza7585
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum