Lares a5 or t1

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Lares a5 or t1

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:58 am

I have a lares hybrid and im going to buy another and was wondering what be a good complementto my hybrid.

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Re: Lares a5 or t1

Postby waterfowler69 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:12 am

I just got a T-1 Small bore to go with my Hybrid and I think they go hand and hand pretty sweet little call I have never ran the A-5 so can't help you there
waterfowler69
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am

IMHO, if you can really run the Hybrid well, you don't need another call. The Hybrid can do everything the T-1, T-1 SB and A-5 can do (well, the A-5 is a touch louder). Personally, I like the T-1 the best...and why be limited with a T-1 SB? For most guys that can't get that low end out of the Hybrid, it is easier to get the low end whine/squeak out of the T-1. If it were me, I would say go with a T-1...period. They ARE my favorite out of the three acrylic duck calls Joe makes. And don't feel like you have to get the T-1. I just happen to like them the best. Also keep in mind that Joe offers different reeds and going from one reed to another can really change how the calls run :thumbsup:

I hope this helps some...maybe :huh:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby quackrz » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:23 pm

I would buy another hybrid. I have a t-1 and a t- 1 smallhbore as well. Just my opinion but I think the hybrid sounds much better than the t-1's and I have tried most all of the available reeds. The hybrid will do it all with adequate practice.
quackrz
hunter

Postby pond_rat » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:01 pm

I have an A-5 as well as a Hybrid and they seem to compliment each other very well. the distinction in sound between them is all based on the reed setup and the pitch in which you are seeking. The Hybrid is definitely my call of choice, due to the fact it can hit all the different tonal ranges as well as the different types of calling such as the hiccup and caujin squeel.
pond_rat
hunter

Postby robairto » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Just my .02... Buy the reed kit and master the
Hybrid as it can run the full range or buy another
Hybrid or t1.. You set one up raspy/ hail calls
And the other soft/closer... I have A5s and IMO
the new ones are loud and raspy but not a call
I use in the field ... BTW I don't mean to say you aren't
an expert with Hybrid but rather that it can
Be very versatile with a reed kit. I prefer the oooold style
A5s which sound closer to a hybrid..
Good luck and anyone wanting to sell their
Unwanted Lares to a good shelf can do so
To me..
robairto
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Ya well im glad I posted this im goin to just stick with my hybrid for now. Based on everybodys opinion I just didnt how well or differently the others ran. Ive got my hybrid down practice everyday woth it for 6 months or so. Ive got the reed kit also

TX
txhunter90
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum