CH ditto call please help

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

CH ditto call please help

Postby JAS1 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi everyone! I am looking for any information on a duck call I bought today it is my first duck call and I don't know very much about them. It is 2 pieces a wood piece and a a rubber reed part with metal stamped C.H Ditto.Keithsburg,ILL the rubber inside is stamped with it as well along with some numbers I cant make out as they are under the metal piece. I attached a picture i found online it is the exact one I have. unfortunately I could only find the picture and no information. Any info you have would be greatly appriciated. Thank you!
Attachments
mQUnSGL_aQgeU0NpeMAJzTw.jpg
Duck Call
mQUnSGL_aQgeU0NpeMAJzTw.jpg (5.13 KiB) Viewed 673 times
JAS1
Newb

Re: CH ditto call please help

Postby callinfowl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:17 am

Here ya go !
You got a pretty sweet call there hang on to it. :thumbsup:
http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=532862

From DU Magazine legends of the call article.
Charles Ditto – Keithsburg, Illinois

In addition to being a farmer, game warden, market hunter, waterfowl guide, and champion trap shooter, Charles Ditto was also an entrepreneur. He was granted a number of patents for waterfowl decoy devices, and later went into the game-call-making business.

Ditto's calls resembled those made by his friend, F.A. Allen. Perhaps the most famous of Ditto's calls were the Eureka models, which were produced from around the turn of the century until the mid-1920s.

Many of these early calls were constructed of two pieces and featured a hard rubber insert and brass reed. Ditto later sold five other types of calls, many of which he helped put together, until a shooting accident resulted in the loss of one hand.

The rarest of the Ditto calls is a unique all-metal combination duck and goose call. He is also credited with making hard rubber. calls.
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Re: CH ditto call please help

Postby JAS1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 am

Thank you very much! i looked around the internet all day trying to find any info
JAS1
Newb

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum