Yentzen Duck call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl, Mallyard

Yentzen Duck call

Postby almostpro16 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:39 am

What are your opinion on this call?
There's only two kinds of people in the world. Those who love to hunt ducks and those that have never hunted ducks.
almostpro16
hunter

Re: Yentzen Duck call

Postby Joe Guide » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:27 am

I sent them a old triple reed Yentzen to repair and it took over two months to get it back in the mail, however it was a 1966 model old walnut, which our coastal hybrid mallards really seems to enjoy. So I was happy to get it back as it was pretty beat up. I love that old school triple reed mallard call.

It was the very first duck call I used when I was 9 years old and learned to call on it by the 3 time South Carolina Duck Calling Champion Micky Lowder of Summerton, S.C. and hunted the Jacks Creek area of Lake Marion, S.C. back when well over 100K mallards wintered over at Santee NWR.
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:19 pm

I have an old Shurshot that I always take with me either on the lanyard or in my bag. There are those days or places that it has really done the job.
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby LTMFH » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:21 am

I like mine so much I had one made in Micarta. Made it a little louder. Tone never changes. Love my "New" Yentzen.

Marathon Maniacs Member #9135
LTMFH
hunter

Postby almostpro16 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:36 am

I would like to buy one if someone has an extra.
There's only two kinds of people in the world. Those who love to hunt ducks and those that have never hunted ducks.
almostpro16
hunter

Re: Yentzen Triple Reed Duck call

Postby Joe Guide » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:42 am

I do not believe that YENTZEN sells the "Triple- Reed Mallard Call" any more; they still will repair your YENZEN TRIPLE REED Call... if you send it to them, however Yentzen only offers the Double Reed "mallard call".
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum