bill collector

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

bill collector

Postby fishnranger » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:21 pm

i just bought a bill collector and it sticks a lot and wondering what everyones views are or if i should take it back to the store
if it flies it dies
fishnranger
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:04 pm

There's no such thing as a duck call that won't stick. If it says it won't then they are fillin you full of BS. It may take some calls longer to stick than others but, every call out there does stick. You just have to deal with it. All of my calls stick so I just pull out the insert, pull the reed back and blow the moisture out from under it or wipe it out.

As for the Bill Collector, I don't have one but have blown one in the store and I like the double reed. I know guys that have them and have heard nothing but good things about them. If I were you I'd keep it. I don't think a store would take back a duck call anyway because I think there is some kind of rule about that. I know places like cabelas, and bass pro won't. Hope you enjoy that call.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby fishnranger » Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:07 pm

well im sitting in my liveing room and it is sticking ive never left the house with it yet and it sticks every time i try to call
if it flies it dies
fishnranger
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:15 pm

had to get a single reed huh???

:mrgreen:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby fishnranger » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:18 pm

yeah i thought id try all the calls were gone that you got
if it flies it dies
fishnranger
hunter

Postby ARMallardSlayer » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:03 pm

fishnranger wrote:well im sitting in my liveing room and it is sticking ive never left the house with it yet and it sticks every time i try to call

What kind of call are to trying to blow through it....hail, greeting....plain quack?
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange langing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!
ARMallardSlayer
hunter

Postby fishnranger » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:06 pm

well i got it for a feeder call but it was sticking no matter what but i sanded the reed and it hasnt stuck yet but if i keep going my girlfriend might make the call dissapear and i wont have a problem
if it flies it dies
fishnranger
hunter

Postby ARMallardSlayer » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:11 pm

I've never had any call stick while doing a feeder call......you say it was a double or a single?

My wife can't stand me blowing my calls in the house.......keep it up and they will disappear....ha ha ha :yes:
If you can't work em in close & git em in yo face with their orange langing gear down, don't bother takin the safety off!
ARMallardSlayer
hunter

Postby fishnranger » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:21 pm

its a single reed i have never been able to blow the feeder call anyway but heard it was easier to do with a single reed but it was sticking all the time im thinking about buying one of those stupid things you shake for a feeder call cause i cant do it
if it flies it dies
fishnranger
hunter

Postby ARMallardSlayer » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:32 pm

I can blow the feed call that the ducks make in the air, and do the clucks they do on the water......I use a double and have had no trouble, don't see why people think the single is easier for that purpose.

I don't do the rolling feeder call cause I can't keep it going that long.....
ARMallardSlayer
hunter

Postby Giv'em3 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:38 pm

don't see why people think the single is easier for that purpose.

It's not easier but it sounds cleaner and crisper. For me anyway. But I blow a double reed Foiles timber rattler. First double reed, that I have found, that I can make sound like a single.

Maybe try to break it lose with a short quack then start your feeding call. That sometimes helps me. :thumbsup:

Buy your girlfiend a call and she can practice with you. :yes: :tounge: :laughing: :laughing: :toofunny:
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If that don't light your Fire, your woods WET!!!!
Giv'em3
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum