now I've seen it all

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

now I've seen it all

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Walking through Walmart to buy my waterfowl stamps in sporting goods and I happen to notice this... Though about smashing it, but decided to just take a picture and walk on.

ducksNgeese91
hunter

Re: now I've seen it all

Postby ColoradoGooser » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Seen those listed on that big auction site as well :fingerhead: :help:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:11 pm

I saw it also. Couldn't believe it. Ya know Miss Kay's aprons are sold online also. What's next?!?! Si underwear.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Juca » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:22 pm

Juca
hunter

Postby KillerKowalski » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:02 pm

W T F
Last edited by KillerKowalski on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Why do they call it Duck Dynasty? It has nothing to do with duck hunting. Sell outs!
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:43 pm

What's that flying above me? Oh just a flock of haters! You guys are just ridiculous anymore. I suppose you'd rather see the jersey whores or whorewives of Orange County or whatever.
dgram36
hunter

Postby Razorbackrowe77 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:54 pm

dgram36 wrote:What's that flying above me? Oh just a flock of haters! You guys are just ridiculous anymore. I suppose you'd rather see the jersey whores or whorewives of Orange County or whatever.

I agree man. I think it's great to see good honest people, who do things right, succeed & be rewarded by the Big Guy Upstairs. More power to them. I wish them nothing but success.
Razorbackrowe77
hunter

Postby Lemonhead » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 pm

What's wrong with the Housewives of Orange County? Now that's a good show.
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby scruggs12 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:55 pm

ducksNgeese91 wrote:Walking through Walmart to buy my waterfowl stamps in sporting goods and I happen to notice this... Though about smashing it, but decided to just take a picture and walk on.

Thank you ducksngeese. I was in a Walmart today and saw "Duck Dynasty" bandanas, t-shirts, etc. It is getting A LOT overdone.
scruggs12
hunter

Postby SuisunGreenhead » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Razorbackrowe77 wrote:
dgram36 wrote:What's that flying above me? Oh just a flock of haters! You guys are just ridiculous anymore. I suppose you'd rather see the jersey whores or whorewives of Orange County or whatever.

I agree man. I think it's great to see good honest people, who do things right, succeed & be rewarded by the Big Guy Upstairs. More power to them. I wish them nothing but success.

Right on. It's actually encouraging how popular they've become; who knew Americans were still interested in watching decent, family-safe programming anymore? The show is unabashedly scripted but It's nice to know enough people actually want to see families that love and care about God and one another - it gives me some hope for our culture. Obscenity wins out 90% of the time today so let's celebrate people that choose to have a filter and respect decency. Call the Robertson's sell outs if you want but any moron with some business sense (and despite some acting to the contrary on the show the Robertson's don't appear to be morons) is going to take advantage of opportunities. We should always hope for each other's success, whether that's in the hunting blind or in business and you know the Robertson's are going to going to put that money back into their business, community, family and church - reasons enough to buy whatever crap they might produce.
SuisunGreenhead
hunter

Postby Razorbackrowe77 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:01 pm

SuisunGreenhead wrote:
Razorbackrowe77 wrote:

Right on. It's actually encouraging how popular they've become; who knew Americans were still interested in watching decent, family-safe programming anymore? The show is unabashedly scripted but It's nice to know enough people actually want to see families that love and care about God and one another - it gives me some hope for our culture. Obscenity wins out 90% of the time today so let's celebrate people that choose to have a filter and respect decency. Call the Robertson's sell outs if you want but any moron with some business sense (and despite some acting to the contrary on the show the Robertson's don't appear to be morons) is going to take advantage of opportunities. We should always hope for each other's success, whether that's in the hunting blind or in business and you know the Robertson's are going to going to put that money back into their business, community, family and church - reasons enough to buy whatever crap they might produce.

AMEN!!!
Razorbackrowe77
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:26 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0XS1vaX-M

Goes to show you what kind of people they really are. Awesome people, although I have stopped wearing a shirt I got from them back in '08. They are good people and when you are in the spotlight people will automatically try and pull you down.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:53 pm

thanks tx that was eye opening to say the least....almost kiwi like the way they can take the mickey out of themselves to make people laugh...thats the classic New Zealand style.
I have a DC brown sugar call on my lanyard that Ive had since before fame struck...its a good call...nuf said.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:47 pm

Almost as bad as the RNT crowd.............GET'YA SOME !!!!!!!!! :sarcmark:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby KillerKowalski » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:59 am

txhunter90 wrote:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0XS1vaX-M

Goes to show you what kind of people they really are. Awesome people, although I have stopped wearing a shirt I got from them back in '08. They are good people and when you are in the spotlight people will automatically try and pull you down.

I never would bash the Robertson family as whole. They are very well grounded in the Christianity faith. Phil makes this clear frequently and is not bashful to glorify God. He writes about it is his biography extensively. Growing up in a Christian home as a Pastor's son I can relate with the Robertsons and their oppressive parties.

What I find irritating is that the general public (outside of ducking) is on the bandwagon of DD. Some really believe this is what duck hunting is all about. Granted, A&E was quoted to controlling the amount of ducking that was aired and Phil's usage of deity descriptors. I am often questioned about their hunting behavior, which I care not to answer. The outisders are now thinking duck hunting is cool and free spirited. To me, it's more than that. I never do it for image or for the fun of it. It's subsistence lifestyle and my way of connecting to the circle of life. I am questioned if I enjoy killing ducks. I really don't. How many times have you had a bird that wouldn't die? I have multiple times. I could watch a duck finish in my face for the rest of my life and never fire again. But, I see the other part as I am consuming an animal to survive. Grocery stores didn't exist until the 40s. What did people do before then? Our society promptly forgets our nation's roots.
KillerKowalski
hunter

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 am

Chia pets? Come on man. I agree with them being good Christian people, and its clean family entertainment which rarely exists. when I see the bath towels and the chia pets at the store, it's just too much and that's why I won't buy a product from duck commander. I'm sure some will disagree with that but, that's the way I see it.
ducksNgeese91
hunter

Postby SDMF » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 am

Love the Robertson's but DAYUM , it's just gone too far! Phil USED to Make a couple good duck calls but that was back in the day! :no:
Now it's about ca$hing in.. they've gone over the top, but hey with the amount of coin them boys are seeing thrown at them,i guess it's too hard to pass up... "THOU SHALL RESIST TEMPTATION"..........
Team Rasputin: NEVER SAY DIE
SDMF
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:57 pm

ducksNgeese91 wrote:Chia pets? Come on man. I agree with them being good Christian people, and its clean family entertainment which rarely exists. when I see the bath towels and the chia pets at the store, it's just too much and that's why I won't buy a product from duck commander. I'm sure some will disagree with that but, that's the way I see it.

what do you drink your morning coffee out of????
holden/ford/chevy mug
or is it a Jim Beam or Jack Daniels branded model
do the kids have a Mickey Mouse duvet on the bed or Dora the Explorer lunch box???
we have OTT products all around us
maybe just maybe these guys might do our sport as a whole a big favour by getting us some voting power by ensuring numbers of hunters or DC fans vote to keep sport alive and not let the tree huggers muscle in and take it as they have elsewhere.
WE over here in N.Z. hate Dennis Conners with a vengeance but no one denies he did more to keep the Americas Cup yacht racing in the public arena than he did with that hatefull/drunken comment. we all wanted to see him beaten.so stayed watching.
some of the early D.C. CDs are good with loads of duck shooting.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby finsnfeathershunter » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:24 am

:lol3: :beer:
Last edited by finsnfeathershunter on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
finsnfeathershunter
State Moderator

Postby callinfowl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:00 am

My wife held up G String in Walmart that had uncle Si's face on them and they said "Leave it to Beaver" on the crotch. :beer:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:24 am

now thats funny :yes:
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum