Big Seans Championship Calls

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Big Seans Championship Calls

Postby Hunter MN » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Anyone used the new big mama 2 yet? Or picked one up at game fair? I'm waiting to order one, but they aren't on the website and I haven't heard what they changed on the 2..? Anyone know? Thanks
Hunter MN
hunter

Re: Big Seans Championship Calls

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:23 pm

Set up as a single reed, it is a very light call. One of the lightest single reeds I have ever run. It is a solid call as a double and that is how I would run it but it did lack some range compared to other double reeds. Yes, double reeds won't be very versatile, but I still have run some that will do more.

Keep in mind this is JMHO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby DMBgoosehunter13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:07 am

mayhem96 wrote:Set up as a single reed, it is a very light call. One of the lightest single reeds I have ever run. It is a solid call as a double and that is how I would run it but it did lack some range compared to other double reeds. Yes, double reeds won't be very versatile, but I still have run some that will do more.

Keep in mind this is JMHO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Listening to a soundfile of that call online I can see why its a very light call. It sounded thin with hardly any range.
DMBgoosehunter13
hunter

Postby Marcus Riley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:10 am

I got to try this call and I have to say I am not impressed, to light for me and I never have liked a thin sounding call. I will keep the Homewreckers and my new single from GVCC. I tried a ton of calls down in MN and my lanyard was already built the way I like it, no new calls for me this year.
Teach your children to hunt.... and you won't have to hunt for your children.
Marcus Riley
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum