Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for a little bit softer call......

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Rick Hall 
#1 ·
Hey all.....hoping someone might be able to help me out. I've been using an old Original RNT and an old full scroll Daisy Cutter for quite some time. I gave the Original to my buddy last year after picking up a Zink ATM. I have also added a RNT Mondo since last season. Right now, I'm looking for something a little softer to complement what I already have and can't make up my mind which one to get. I'm considering:

RNT Short Barrel
RNT Microhen
Echo (Not sure which model. I've never owned an Echo, but would like to try one.)

I'm also open to other suggestions.

Thanks for any and all help!!

#9 ·
An acrylic NOS was my quiet morning call for a few seasons. Loved how it ran except that I couldn't really jump on it and have the teeth to get a reflex response to pull wary birds back in line. When the Microhen came out, I gave it a shot, and the NOS quickly became just a truck call until I gave it to a SIL who admired it. The Microhen is simply a more versatile call in terms of both volume and tone range.

Fwiw, after retiring The NOS from the field I'd replaced the acrylic toneboard with a hedge one, the sound of which I liked even better. But it was, of course, still just as limited by the 1/4" bore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.