Calls For Kids

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Calls For Kids

Postby TimberDuck » Sun Feb 01, 2004 1:32 pm

I was just looking through the drawer that has a bunch of my old calls in it that I don't use anymore, and I thought "why not put some of those to good use?". I'll bet there are some kids (i.e., under 18 years old) on here who are into duck calls and duck calling but who may not have many, or any, calls yet.

So here is my proposal: how about all you guys looking through your drawers to see if you might have any calls that you would be willing to send to a deserving youngster free of charge? If you do, why not post a description of the call here in this thread and let any kid who is interested in it claim it, first come first served?
One final point.............I know some of you under-18-year-olds are fortunate enough to already be blowing custom calls, so let's leave these calls for those who may not have that kind of opportunity yet, ok? In other words, don't claim one of these calls if you already have a bunch of nice calls.

I am interested

Postby Live to Hunt & Fish » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:07 pm

Hey,
My name is Bo Talley I am from the south central Oklahoma area. I started duck hunting about a year ago. I am 15 years old. I have only been 3 times. The only call I have is a primos shaking feed call. I killed very few ducks. I don't know what kind of call to get. I would be interested if anyone had an old call that they didn't use. I would also be intersted if anyone had any tips on calling as to how to get started. Thanks a lot.[/b]
Live to Hunt & Fish
hunter

Kids Calls

Postby little goose » Thu Apr 01, 2004 8:19 pm

Hey Bo Talley. I am from illinois and i am 15 to and i have been hunting for about 5 years. Killed a few ducks by myself and i call with a yentzen. It blows real easy. try it Bo.
little goose
hunter

Postby Live to Hunt & Fish » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:30 pm

Does anyone know a website or a magize that carries Yentzen calls?[/b]
Live to Hunt & Fish
hunter

Postby Live to Hunt & Fish » Fri Apr 02, 2004 6:40 pm

Ok I found some Yentzen calls. I don't really want a call that costs that much. Do you know of any calls that are good and easy to blow and under or around the $65 range. Preferably less.
Live to Hunt & Fish
hunter

Kids Calls

Postby little goose » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:53 pm

Bo Talley hows it goin. The yentzen I jave was only 12 dollars. They are made in Texas. But they are sold in most states. Good luck
little goose
hunter

Postby Puddler » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:58 pm

hey Im 15 years old and I use a primos wench. Its' a easy call to start with. They cost about 20$ but i got mine for less.
Puddler
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:28 pm

The primos wench was my first duck call.... Is an awsome beginer duck call, still use it today. Also Primos has an easy mallard call that is supposed to be good also.... I'll be willing to sell my primos wench call for 8.00 bucks to the first person who wants it... It might be close to 10 with shipping.. One small thing. It has a VERY small crack in the barrel of the call but it has little to no effect to the call, but if you'd like to you could seal it up with a little super glue and it'd be good as new.... Thanks and hope this helps.... O and I will sanitize the call before I ship it...

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Mallyard » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:56 pm

come to find out my dads first duck call was a yetzen.. I hate the thing it will make a better deer call than a duck call... I would recomend it to get started but after the first year you'll be ready to move up to a primos, or other brand of higher quality.

Mallayrd
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum