Cutdown help

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, stumpjumper, okiequacker, callinfowl

Cutdown help

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:02 pm

I want to jump into the world of cutdowns and don't know too much about them. Someone school me on them and give me the ins and outs. I see so many made by one person but cut by another? This is all new to me

Joe
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Re: Cutdown help

Postby Lemonhead » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:55 pm

This could get interesting
Lemonhead
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Like I said I'm new to them, haven't a clue about them just wanting to get some insight.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby quackin247365 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:05 am

Brother I have been in your shoes and partially still am. I got into cutdowns about four months ago. The best thing that helped me was youtube and this site. Usually anytime someone starts a cutdown topic it turns into a pissing match. But if you can get through all of the BS there is actually some good info. I don't know if you have anybody that has cutdowns, but I would try and blow as many as you can before buying one. I was not so lucky so after a bunch of trades and a little money spent i found one that i like. I don't care what anybody says, cutdowns take more air than your regular single reed J-frame. I had to change my reference word to "quit" that really helped. It will take a couple days to get it down but just keep practicing. It is worth it!
quackin247365
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum