Donate youre calls to kids in need

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, stumpjumper, okiequacker, callinfowl

Postby TimberDuck » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:14 pm

I was just looking through the drawer that has a bunch of my old calls in it that I don't use anymore, and I thought "why not put some of those to good use?". I'll bet there are some kids (i.e., under 18 years old) on here who are into duck calls and duck calling but who may not have many, or any, calls yet.

So here is my proposal: how about all you guys looking through your drawers to see if you might have any calls that you would be willing to send to a deserving youngster free of charge? If you do, why not post a description of the call here in this thread and let any kid who is interested in it claim it, first come first served?
One final point.............I know some of you under-18-year-olds are fortunate enough to already be blowing custom calls, so let's leave these calls for those who may not have that kind of opportunity yet, ok? In other words, don't claim one of these calls if you already have a bunch of nice calls.

Postby ifitflysitdies » Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:14 pm

i guss this means ill have to stop throwing my calls in the water when i get pissed off! Its a good idea, i hope you cn get some calls together and get more people into waterfowl. hunting is the best solution for keeping kids out of trouble, im 18 i know for a fact. wouldnt mind if some others could use a call too i get tired of calling on every hunt! Good Lucko
Ducks are forever, Women are temporary!
ifitflysitdies
hunter

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:25 pm

Great idea!! I am 17, and i wish i would have had an opportunity like this. Fortunately, I have plenty of calls, but i know some people who have a lot just sitting around that they will never use again. I talk to him and try to get some of those calls for this.

Illinois-Ducker
Dont Under-estimate an illinois duckman
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

Postby kethomps » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:43 pm

This sounds like someone wants to start their own call collection.
kethomps
hunter

Postby Live to Hunt & Fish » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:40 pm

I don't have a call and I am trying to get into duck hunting. I got some decoys on sale for like $30 last year. If anyone had a call let me know. Thanx
Sincerely,
Bo Talley
Live to Hunt & Fish
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:38 pm

Hey I'm 16 and I don't have a call anything that I can get will be very nice!
Thanks,
Shane
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby Jeepman:-) » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:42 pm

ROFL... Im glad Im not the only one that throws the calls in the water when I get pissed!....LOL I am now giving them to new hunters I take out hunting and give them a few lessons as well.
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:55 pm

hey im 16 and im just getting into actual duck calling and duck hunting just bought a dozen of flambu decoys but dont have any calls......if someone donates a call it would be grately appreciated....thanks
duckbuster
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:05 pm

Disclaimer: What I say below by no means should be understand as me taking a crack at the kids on this thread. I'm sure they are all great kids and I'm a big fan of giving calls to them, but.......

Back a few years ago on another forum there was a "kid" who was asking around for calls, decoys and camo to help him get started hunting. The amount of things the people over there sent him were amazing. All kinds of duck and goose decoys, some VERY nice calls and some great camo items they or their kids had outgrown. About 2 months later some of the guys who had donated whatever started noticing them up for sale on eBay. The kid had suckered them and was making money. :eek:

Like I said above... I don't think any of the kids on here would do something like that, but keep your eyes open. I no longer send calls to kids on the internet unless I know someone who can vouch for them. Now I prefer to give them out on the boat ramp with their fathers present. Both the kids and their father appreciate it. :thumbsup:

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum