simple question

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

simple question

Postby plainsman » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:49 am

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and thought I'd start off with a simple question. What call or calls will always blow no matter how wet??? Single or double, it doesn't matter.Wasn't there a callmaker who promised his calls would always perform no matter how wet???I don't remember what Co. it was.
plainsman
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:17 am

I spit too much too.

Cuttdown calls wont stick but I do not like the sound.

Giden makes a real nice call in a single reed and it will not stick no matter how wet, and sounds good too. Now I don't know of a call that wont freeze in the cold. Steve Cook the maker of Giden Game calls is a great person to deal with as well. $55 for a wood call $95 for acrylic give him a try he will do his best to make you happy. There are probabley others out there too.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:44 am

If you get any call wet enough they will stick. I don't care what they say. My single reed and double reed got dunked the other day when I fell through the ice. Took about 5 minutes to get them to blow again. I'll believe it when I see it that a call is gauranteed not to stick.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:42 pm

KS

So you dropped your call into the ICE water and it froze "ice" I do not know of a call that wont do that. But since you own all calls you must be able to say that "all calls stick" for sure. I see the calls you have on your lanyard, and I am not surprised that they stuck. I know the calls you are blowing will stick for sure I have tried them. Have you tried the calls I have mentioned? I doupt it or you would be blowing high end acrylics probably. You are convince all calls stick from limited experience with cheap calls. I prostaff for a differant co. Giden does not pay me neither does cuttdown, and owe them nothing I simply bought a couple calls from each of them to try...... Gidens I like cuttdowns I do not. This fellow asked a simple question. I offered him some help from my experience as a caller. I have had the oppertunity to try many calls, and I still have not blown them all I would like to though. Of the calls I own Giden calls, and cuttdown calls are the best for not sticking do to moisture condensation. I do not own all calls though, I am sure there are others that blow well wet. Gidens you can dip it give it a little shake on the way up it will blow everytime. most of the calls that I own or have owned I can not say that about. Take my advice or don't but straight up calling me a liar when you don't even know is just wrong.:thumbsdown:

Bret
Bret
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:33 pm

IT wasn't froze, and I do hunt with guys that have high end acrylics. I could be wrong but I think it is almost impossible for a call that was completely submerged to come up blowing. I would love to be proven wrong.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:42 pm

None...that I own :laughing: :laughing: Ive heard of one advertised as such...dont recall the maker. Y'all have nice day :thumbsup:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby plainsman » Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:39 pm

Could it have been JJ Lares or DOA????? I just can't remember :pissed:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby optimator » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:41 pm

Out of all my calls, my Bois D'arc SB that was bored to DC specs is the only one that has yet to stick. My favorite call by far :getdown:
optimator
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:15 pm

I got a new RNT acrylic for chirstmas, they run about $130- It will freeze just like my $20 calls. It is louder, crisper, and faster than most cheap calls though.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:34 pm

I would recommend blowing the Foiles Straight Meat Mallard when trying calls, it is great both high and low ends. :salude: Happy New Year everyone :salude:
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby plainsman » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:14 pm

LUV2DUChunt wrote:I would recommend blowing the Foiles Straight Meat Mallard when trying calls, it is great both high and low ends. :salude: Happy New Year everyone :salude:

Got one, a black & yellow to boot :getdown: However condensation sticks it up when the temp drops. Other than that, yes, it's a great call!!!!!
plainsman
hunter

Postby LUV2DUChunt » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:31 pm

Hey Plainsman I have heard putting a little rain-x on ypur reed will prevent that. :salude: Happy New Year :salude:
Jason

Get out and Hunt!!! Then youll understand what an addiction is. We all know about it but can't explain it.
LUV2DUChunt
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:26 pm

I've heard the same thing.....haven't tried it yet though. Wouldn't any water repellant work????
I'm in the works of getting my butt in gear to make a proto insert that I know will not stick. So....how do I get a mold made??? out of what material?????
plainsman
hunter

Postby Bret » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:55 am

Pm'd ya plainsman
Bret
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:44 am

Bret wrote:Pm'd ya plainsman

Got it, thanks.
plainsman
hunter

Postby asu72 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:06 pm

How about a wench or Timber wench?
shoot 'him again!! He's still kickin'!!
asu72
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:27 pm

my echo timber hasn't stuck yet with my 6 year old...and you can almost see the spit coming out of the end of it...;).
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:22 am

ks_waterfowler wrote:If you get any call wet enough they will stick. I don't care what they say..... I'll believe it when I see it that a call is gauranteed not to stick.

I couldnt agree with more and im sorry Bret, but your wrong. All calls will stick if they get wet enough. Ill believe one that doesn't stick when i see it. Yes some calls wont stick very easily but they will stick so take it easy... :thumbsdown:
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby plainsman » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:45 pm

Robberwood wrote:
ks_waterfowler wrote:If you get any call wet enough they will stick. I don't care what they say..... I'll believe it when I see it that a call is gauranteed not to stick.

I couldnt agree with more and im sorry Bret, but your wrong. All calls will stick if they get wet enough. Ill believe one that doesn't stick when i see it. Yes some calls wont stick very easily but they will stick so take it easy... :thumbsdown:

Carefull fellas, Doc calls and Lares claim to be stick-proof.....I've asked around about these claims and haven't heard of one sticking yet. These 2 inserts are MUCH different than the "average joe insert" and it shows!!!!
plainsman
hunter

Postby Bret » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:09 pm

well once again a guy who has blown all calls in all conditions I stand corected. If you were to find out I was right would you admit it. I really don't want to get into a fight over this topic because it just does not matter to me. I know most calls do stick some worse than others. I spit into a call as bad as anyone I have seen. I hate that about my calling but it is the way I am. I have searched for calls that will not load up on me. I have found a couple that will not I am still searching for others. I can tell a lot of you guys are younger guys, and that is very promising to our sports future. I hope you all do well in your calling. I am done with this topic.

Bret
Bret
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum