newish duck hunter looking for a call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, stumpjumper, okiequacker, callinfowl

newish duck hunter looking for a call

Postby Take em boys » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:03 pm

hunted ducks when I was a kid but gave it up years ago after the goose hunting bug bit I was amazed with goose calls going from a polly to an acrylic is it the same way with duck calls? fore geese always been a fan of zink but got a C&S custom apostle right now and see they have a few duck calls wondering what I should look at have a few cheap calls laying around the house but not a fan of them very much

Colton
"Waterfowl hunting, Its not something you preform halfway. You either try it and hate it, Or it gets in your blood and you cant live with out it.
-Zink crew
Take em boys
hunter

Re: newish duck hunter looking for a call

Postby Take em boys » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:17 pm

no diff between poly and acrylic???
"Waterfowl hunting, Its not something you preform halfway. You either try it and hate it, Or it gets in your blood and you cant live with out it.
-Zink crew
Take em boys
hunter

Re: newish duck hunter looking for a call

Postby swampmaster55 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 pm

yes in my opinion there is a huge difference between poly and acrylic mainly in their durability. Acrylic doesnt tend to stick as much as a poly does and acrylic will give out a much duckier sound.. Everyone has there own opinion on best duck calls. RNT makes great duck calls and they have proven themselves over the years in the field and in competitions. However, i just picked up the new Zink NBG single reed and that thing is PURE DUCK. by far the best mallard call i have ever heard in my life. Zink is always focused on the duck hunter and not the competition caller. But just cause i tell you i like them doesnt mean you are going to cause everybody blows a duck call differently. But yes there is a huge difference in poly and acrylic. so if You are really wanting to sound like a duck i would go with Zink. hope that helps just my .02
1648 Wareagle w/ 40 kohler hd sport.. BAMF!!!!
swampmaster55
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum