Echo Duck Calls

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Echo Duck Calls

Postby CNYduckslayer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm looking to get a new call and my buddy made me a call with an Echo reed and I loved it...but lost it. I'm now looking to buy an actual Echo Call and are looking for some feedback. Right now I'm looking at the Pure Meat and the XLT. I'm looking to buy a double-reed. Any feed back on what Echo call to buy or any Duck calls you prefer would be helpful.
CNYduckslayer
hunter

Re: Echo Duck Calls

Postby 2takem » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:59 pm

I hope to be able to give some positive feedback towards the end of the week! Wife ordered me the meat hanger (orange pearl) today! Kinda had the same questions u did. Searched alot of sound files and it came down to hayes,hobo and echo for what i thought was close to my still of calling. I have heard alot of good things but will repost when i get it.

Will say watching some guys blow there brains out with RNT i elimated that one quick. Dont know how those guys do it without being winded by the time the ducks get to the hole!!
2takem
hunter

Postby norcalweaz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

I have an old poly echo and another echo poly insert "custom" call that I love they are awesome calls. However I baught a drt a month ago and do not like it. It's not a bad call just not as good as my poly for some reason. I'm also not a double reed fan. Only a couple I've found to fit me. Good luck
norcalweaz
hunter

Postby apg36820 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:29 pm

if you want a double reed dont go with the XLT. The DRT or meat hanger are the double reed options. I own an XLT and its a really great call for me. i think its a forgiving call aswell. You should be able to do pretty much everything on it without to much trouble. just go out and pick some up and give it a try.
apg36820
hunter

Postby gcmallards » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:11 pm

I have an echo xlt and I LOVE it! great sound and gets nice and low for long range hails but can still work down to nice raspy feed chuckles and finishing quacks.
gcmallards
hunter

Postby duckbusta11 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:41 am

I have the Breaker, XLT, and Meat Hanger. All great calls, but as far as a double reed go with the meet hanger. It was my first Echo call and IMHO it the best sounding double reed call on the market. It can get fairly loud, but love the low end chatter I can get out of it. Awsome call if you're hunting timber, marsh, and small bodies of water. Can't go wrong with any Echo call though! :thumbsup:
duckbusta11
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum