JJ Lares Questions

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

JJ Lares Questions

Postby bhroberts1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:19 am

Hello all

I would like to thank the DHC community for turning in me on to the JJ Lares call. I am glad I spent the money and got such a fine piece. As of right now I have the Hybrid which I purchased last year.

Question 1: Is there any reason to add an A-5 to the lanyard?

Question 2: How are the JJ Lares goose calls compared to a Foiles for ease of use (I am an extreme rookie on goose calling)?

Question 3: Am I going to get a different tone with JJ Lares wood calls, enough that I would add one to the lanyard?

Thank you,

BHR
bhroberts1
hunter

Re: JJ Lares Questions

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:06 am

bhroberts1 wrote:Hello all

I would like to thank the DHC community for turning in me on to the JJ Lares call. I am glad I spent the money and got such a fine piece. As of right now I have the Hybrid which I purchased last year.

Question 1: Is there any reason to add an A-5 to the lanyard?

Question 2: How are the JJ Lares goose calls compared to a Foiles for ease of use (I am an extreme rookie on goose calling)?

Question 3: Am I going to get a different tone with JJ Lares wood calls, enough that I would add one to the lanyard?

Thank you,

BHR

Question 1: The A-5 is the loudest call Joe makes. If you are looking for something very loud, the A-5 is what you want. However, it doesn't quite have the low end of the Hybrid or T-1 IMHO. The T-1 and Hybrid are both plenty loud for what I do and can do everything I need a call to do. With that said, the A-5 has an awesome look. I hope to add a checkered black or ivory one real soon to my collection :yes: :yes:

I have no idea on question 2 as I have never run Joe's goose calls. I hope that changes soon though!

Question 3: Most of the "wood calls" have only a wooden barrel and acrylic insert. The insert, or better yet--the toneboard, is where the sound is coming from. IMHO, there will probably not be a huge difference other than the fact that wood calls look straight up sexy :bow: :bow: In fact, I should have a Olivewood/acrylic T-1 here today or tomorrow :yes: :yes: :hi: :hi:

Oh and as always, :welcome: to Lares Land!
mayhem96
hunter

Postby norcalweaz » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:24 am

Haha I agree with the above. Also with the goose calls I like the way mine runs but I'm not a big goose hunter. Runs similar to others ive tried but like I said I don't target geese just baught it to get it.
norcalweaz
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:39 pm

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: LARES :bow: :bow:

mayhem96
hunter

Postby tsaylor1979 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:57 pm

I don't notice much if any difference in the sound of a hybrid no matter what I is made of whether it is acrylic, wood, Micarta, or aluminum. Lares calls are just very consistent sound, not a bad thing.

Ben, I love the looks of that t-1. The barrel is a beauty!
tsaylor1979
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:10 pm

tsaylor1979 wrote:I don't notice much if any difference in the sound of a hybrid no matter what I is made of whether it is acrylic, wood, Micarta, or aluminum. Lares calls are just very consistent sound, not a bad thing.

Ben, I love the looks of that t-1. The barrel is a beauty!

Thanks tsaylor! Joe is a master when it comes to turning wood. I don't think I have ever seen a bad piece come out of his shop :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby RefugeRat4Life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 pm

mayhem96 wrote::yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: LARES :bow: :bow:

OOOOOOoooooOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

very nice!!!
JD
And on the 9th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "now that I have a caretaker, I need a protector." So God made a hunter...
RefugeRat4Life
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum