Recomendation on Delrin Single Reed

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Recomendation on Delrin Single Reed

Postby cackiller » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:45 pm

I've been looking at some of the more inexpensive call offerings out there and was hoping for some recomendations on an inexpensvie delrin single reed. I've never tried a delrin call before and would look to give one a try. I was just hoping to hear some recomendations people might have on different ones!
cackiller
hunter

Re: Recomendation on Delrin Single Reed

Postby goosehunter64 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:34 am

Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 am

Cadence Calls

Stump
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby tornadochaser » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:12 am

I've got a delrin lynch mob stranglehold and i keep going back to it over other acrylic single reeds i've got right now.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
tornadochaser
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:33 am

Absolutely could not stander delrin for calls until I tried a DRC Rev. That call will flat out get after it. Loud and an absolutley great feed in it.
jrode237
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:58 am

stumpjumper wrote:Cadence Calls

Stump

X2

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby cackiller » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:18 pm

Thanks for all the recomendations. I'll definitely have to check those out. I've been hearing quite a bit about Cadence so I'll look them up.

Thank you!

Dustin
cackiller
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:54 pm

^This^

If you have ever spoken to Rick, you will be a customer for life. GREAT calls at a steal...
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby cupnglide » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Gotta check out Mr. Gaston's timber or field call in delrin. Outstanding call at a great price. Cool drab green color, too.
cupnglide
hunter

Postby cackiller » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Looks like there might have to be a couple new calls coming my way. How much do the delrin cadence calls run? I could only find his prices on acrylic on the website?

Dustin
cackiller
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:43 pm

jrode237 wrote:Absolutely could not stander delrin for calls until I tried a DRC Rev. That call will flat out get after it. Loud and an absolutley great feed in it.

This was the absolute opposite for me. The only thing I liked in the one I ran was the low end whines and feed. The one I blew didn't have a bit of top end in it.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:14 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
jrode237 wrote:Absolutely could not stander delrin for calls until I tried a DRC Rev. That call will flat out get after it. Loud and an absolutley great feed in it.

This was the absolute opposite for me. The only thing I liked in the one I ran was the low end whines and feed. The one I blew didn't have a bit of top end in it.

Did you tune it for yourself? It's a mainstreet comp call in delrin. Yeah, it still isn't as crisp as acrylic, but the one I have gets plenty loud.
jrode237
hunter

Postby sandahl » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:40 pm

X2 The Delrin Rev is my favorite duck call period
sandahl
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:47 pm

jrode237 wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:

Did you tune it for yourself? It's a mainstreet comp call in delrin. Yeah, it still isn't as crisp as acrylic, but the one I have gets plenty loud.

No...probably should have but it was still set up pretty close to how I run a call. Mainstreet comp. call? Really? Maybe I will have to give them a second chance :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby jrode237 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:19 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
jrode237 wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:

No...probably should have but it was still set up pretty close to how I run a call. Mainstreet comp. call? Really? Maybe I will have to give them a second chance :thumbsup:

I am almost positive DRC's owner has competed with it, along with a few others. Don't qoute me on that though......athough I do remember reading it on the internet so it must be true.
jrode237
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:13 pm

cackiller wrote:Looks like there might have to be a couple new calls coming my way. How much do the delrin cadence calls run? I could only find his prices on acrylic on the website?

Dustin

You might want to give him a call. I dont think he's ever listed his delrin call. Last I heard they were going for maybe 50

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby cackiller » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Rick,

I just emailed him. The price he quoted me was $55 which I thought was fair for an all delrin call. Most are $50 and have a poly insert that I've seen. If I can sell some other calls I"ll be picking one up for sure.
cackiller
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 pm

Good to know. Every once in awhile you will see one in the classified. Charles is good people, I've never heard anything but good stuff about his calls and customer service.

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:29 pm

jrode237 wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:
jrode237 wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:

I am almost positive DRC's owner has competed with it, along with a few others. Don't qoute me on that though......athough I do remember reading it on the internet so it must be true.

Of course...they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true. Just look at Wikipedia :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby KyMike » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:07 am

cackiller wrote:Rick,

I just emailed him. The price he quoted me was $55 which I thought was fair for an all delrin call. Most are $50 and have a poly insert that I've seen. If I can sell some other calls I"ll be picking one up for sure.

Just got a delrin Cadence Timber. Call is quickly becoming one of my favorites and I'm thinking about getting a delrin Closer. The calls tone is similar to wood but with all the advantages of acrylic. Lets see some pics when you get it.
KyMike
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:53 am

stumpjumper wrote:Cadence Calls

Stump

Yes sir !
Charles Delrin call is a mean little muther.............. and they are priced right ..:yes:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum