Duck Hunting Forum banner

Compliment to my Conartist?

981 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  talkinfowl 
#1 ·
Just seeking some advice about what call to compliment my DLC Conartist with?

I have tried the other DLC calls, and didn't find they suited what I was looking for, but the Conartist was bang on. Its a bit easier to run, and find I can get high, low, loud, soft, whiney, etc with it pretty easy.

I've got it down to an RNT Microhen, RNT Shortbarrel, or Echo timber. Of the sound files I hear on the websites and youtube, they all sound pretty darn good to me. That Microhen sure does offer something different though. They've all been said to be on the easier blowing side of the scale.

My only concern is the Shortbarrel maybe being too much like the Conartist in sound and volume. Bobby set my Conartist up with quite a bit of rasp and hold (whine), which seems to fit the description of the SB.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Out of those calls you have listed,IMHO the Microhen would be a very good compliment to the Conartist.

#3 ·
Agree with ColoradoGooser. Of those that you listed, that is what I would go with. The Conartist is DLC's "open water" call, therefore, a compliment would be a quieter call. I would say to check out the Quiet Timber, but I assume you already have. That's the one I run for my softer call due to the smaller bore. I think it would compliment your Conartist perfectly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.