Compliment to my Conartist?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Compliment to my Conartist?

Postby jellotree » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:10 pm

Just seeking some advice about what call to compliment my DLC Conartist with?

I have tried the other DLC calls, and didn't find they suited what I was looking for, but the Conartist was bang on. Its a bit easier to run, and find I can get high, low, loud, soft, whiney, etc with it pretty easy.

I've got it down to an RNT Microhen, RNT Shortbarrel, or Echo timber. Of the sound files I hear on the websites and youtube, they all sound pretty darn good to me. That Microhen sure does offer something different though. They've all been said to be on the easier blowing side of the scale.

My only concern is the Shortbarrel maybe being too much like the Conartist in sound and volume. Bobby set my Conartist up with quite a bit of rasp and hold (whine), which seems to fit the description of the SB.

Thanks for any help.
jellotree
hunter

Re: Compliment to my Conartist?

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Out of those calls you have listed,IMHO the Microhen would be a very good compliment to the Conartist.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Cliner » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:40 pm

Agree with ColoradoGooser. Of those that you listed, that is what I would go with. The Conartist is DLC's "open water" call, therefore, a compliment would be a quieter call. I would say to check out the Quiet Timber, but I assume you already have. That's the one I run for my softer call due to the smaller bore. I think it would compliment your Conartist perfectly.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby talkinfowl » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:22 am

Of those you listed I'd recommend the microhen or their new old style. You're right in that a Short Barrel may be close to what you already have, except it won't be quite as loud.
talkinfowl
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum