Call Sticking After Use

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Re: Call Sticking After Use

Postby Icelander513 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:58 am

Gunnysway wrote:
Put your money where your mouth...

He already did you slack-jawed window licker. :lol3: He offers a money back guarantee; no questions asked. Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?

I'm not surprised someone like yourself is asking for free stuff. Do you vote?
Icelander513
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:10 am

Did I ask for a free call...?

And you say I have a hard time with comprehension... :rolleyes:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:21 am

Feel free to go through my posts and find the one where I asked anyone for anything. :lol3:

I have time... I'll wait... :beer:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Xtuthdr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:58 am

Looks like Dummysway must have something on the mods here. I wonder why he doesn't get a timeout. :huh: :help:
Xtuthdr
hunter

Postby Icelander513 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

Gunnysway wrote:Feel free to go through my posts and find the one where I asked anyone for anything.

I have time... I'll wait...

See below. I added the above quote for posterity. (You can google that)

Gunnysway wrote:
Put your money where your mouth is and send Shaun one of your calls...

Let him try to stick it. If it is what you claim, Shaun will be fair, and you may sell a few more calls to DHC members based off of his "review"...

Or, if you are not so confident, don't send him one and we will all think your yella'... :hammer:

:huh:

Did you not say to Doc, a long time and well respected callmaker, that if he didn't send your little buddy a call, with no mention or implication of compensation, you'd think he was "yella'"? Are you simple, boy?

I'm not surprised you've got lots of time on your hands :lol3:
Last edited by Icelander513 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Icelander513
hunter

Postby catdiesel15 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
catdiesel15
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Yes... yes I did. And again Mr brainiac. It was in jest. See smileys... :hammer: :grooving: not very bright are ya.
Doc the respected call maker, then attacked me (didn't get it) and I fired back. You then pulled on your big boy pants and decided to shoot your mouth off. Now we are here. Nice work. :beer:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Xtuthdr » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Put your money where your mouth is and send Shaun one of your calls...

Let him try to stick it. If it is what you claim, Shaun will be fair, and you may sell a few more calls to DHC members based off of his "review"...

Or, if you are not so confident, don't send him one and we will all think your yella'... :hammer:

I do think Dummysway must have a reading/comprehension problem. Guys like this will always follow the pattern of Dissing someone, as he has done here and then when called on it they most often claim it was all in fun. :no: :rolleyes:
Xtuthdr
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 pm

:hi:

What's up Doc? You for got the :grooving:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Icelander513 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:57 pm

This guy. Blame it on the smilies? That's your response? This is too good.
Icelander513
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:19 pm

Man I stopped reading this thread to early. Sorry to bring it back from the dead, but this got real!!! :lol:
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:25 pm

Icelander513 wrote:
SPatrick wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

Doc's calls are the real deal, kid. Toe the line; he's been making top quality calls for longer than you've been alive. And, they don't stick.

Kid...How old you think I am guy???
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Xtuthdr wrote:

Postby SPatrick » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:43 pm
I'll believe it when I see it.

Here is how you can see it. get hold of one of my calls with the newest mod that I make and I promise you that you will learn something you don't know now. :hi: :thumbsup:

Meant no disrespect to you at all, just saying I have been at this game for a bit, and haven't seen it yet. I am sure your calls are great, looked at your website and they look good. Maybe one of these days I'll snag one.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby cleboje » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 am

Here is a testimonial as another satisfied customer of Doc's.

I have one of his single reed calls with the "non-stick" tone board and it is truly just that...the real deal when it comes to a call that does not stick.

Even though I try to put as little spit into a call when blowing, I have encountered some calls that are more prone to sticking than others...but Doc's new tone board just keeps on chugging along with no sticking issues.

Now I have a bunch of calls (RNT, Echo, Betts, Addiction, Kwakman, DLC, J.J. Lares, Grover Knoll, Alvin Taylor, and Ron Gaston) and believe me, Doc Hull's calls can run with the best of them.

I have also found him to be a fair and honest gentlemen in my dealings with him and I would not hesitate in the least to do business with him again.

The suggestion for Doc to send out "free-calls" speaks volumes about the suggester IMHO...that is all. :hammer:
cleboje
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 am

:no:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:49 am

I am pretty sure gunny meant that as tongue and cheek, and people took it seriously. I never ask for free gear, but if its offered to me I graciously accept it, and in turn do reviews, write ups, and photos and videos. Nothing in the waterfowl industry is free, The spread of full bodies I received last year, I did numerous reviews, took countless photos, and even some video of them in the field, although the money wasn't there, it still takes time and effort to test and review a product.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Xtuthdr wrote:
Trevor Shannahan wrote:Here's the deal. ALL duck calls stick. What's happening is that you are giving that reed time to sit and have your spit create a lock between reed and tone board. Just flick the reed between using it

Trevor is one of those who repeat the old montra "All duck calls stick". He doesn't mean to be wrong about it but the real truth is that he or the others who say that are just wrong and they don't know that they are wrong.
It is not only possible to make a stick proof call, I have a call tha will not stick unless you try to stick it by d oing things that would never be done except to try to stick it.
I also will always refund purchase price for anyone who buys one of my calls and doen't like it for. Any reason.

Which one? When I get a little extra cash in hand I may just buy one just to prove to you that you are wrong. I won't post the video on here as I have no need nor desire to bash you and your company, I will simply e-mail it to you so that you can stop saying that I am wrong when I know that I'm not.
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:50 am

What is your company xtuthdr? Pretty stout statement cleboje. Saying they can run with alvins, lares, etc.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:49 am

Spray on wax for your vehicle. Won't stick and doesn't build up any gunk of anything like that

Some coot stole my fone.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby talkinfowl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:24 pm

At least somebody can stay on topic lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talkinfowl
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Grunting into the call helps keep em from sticking. My CCC Throwback never sticks but I bet someone who blows hard can make it stick. I can't and I tried.
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby Duck_Stank » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Anybody can stick a call if they want....that proves nothing. You can add your two cents without being arrogant you know Trevor.
Last edited by Duck_Stank on Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:42 am

puppypopper wrote:This is why Zink rebuilt their tone board with an air pocket infront of the reed. The air helps lift the reed off of the tone board when it wants to stick. If you look at the picture you can see the cut out right under the front of the reed. Zink did not solve the problem of sticking , he just put a bandaid on it.

Now granted I did have a call that I would stick. I took a dremel tool and removed some of the tone board to the outsides of where the reed sits. I marked off where the reed was and cut out slots on each side. This did not in any way change the way the call sounds. I did get yelled at by the call maker, but he ended up telling me " Hey if it works ". That solved it for me. Now granted I don't drowned a call like I used to, but still . I know proper air is proper air, but not everyone is going to hit it right everytime. Everyone gets amped up when the birds are coming in. Or atleast I still do.

Are you sure you didn't use a chainsaw to make those mods ? :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

Anyone doubting Xtuthdr/ Doc don't know what in the hell you're talking about.
Doc makes a non sticking call .......they sound great and look even better.
Show the man a little respect....Doc's been making calls longer then a lot of you have been alive !

I took my stinkingest RNT call and copied Doc's mods ....and that stick-n-tone call never stuck again !
Without changing the sound or performance of the call............RNT should offer a call in the line up that has a Doc style tone board ,for those guys that can't blow a rnt without sticking it. :yes:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:27 am

Duck_Stank wrote:Anybody can stick a call if they want....that proves nothing. You can add your two cents without being arrogant you know Trevor.

Then there is no stick proof call. It proves everything. Not everybody is going to be putting the same amount of spit into a call.

I wasn't being arrogant, in fact it was Doc who was. Not that I care about him doing so, but nothing in my statement was arrogant and almost everything in his was
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby skybusterbob » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:42 pm

talkinfowl wrote:I have an RNT short barrel that I absolutely love, but after I blow it and let it sit for more than a few seconds, it sticks. It does NOT lock up while I'm calling, only when it isn't in use. It's frustrating when calling and I set it down, pick it back up and it's stuck. Like I said, I can blow it constantly for 15 minutes and it not lock up (I've done it plenty of times) but as soon as I set it down for 30 seconds and try to blow it again, it's stuck. Anything I can do to help this? Thanks!

Mine does that too. The way I fixed it was to pull Reed out and dry it off. I was stuck with a sticking call and called Butch at RNT from my layout blind. Send it in he told me and was very nice.
skybusterbob
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum