dad gummet....

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

dad gummet....

Postby WaterfowlWidowmaker » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:40 pm

i just bought a DR-85 (heading hunting and they didnt have a Bill Collector for those who said i should get it)....and i cant get even close to the feeding call. i just cant do it fast enough. i try to say ticka-ticka-ticka fast enough and just cant get it. is there an exercise you can do to make you faster?? any help for a feeding call is greatly appreciated...
If it flies it dies.
WaterfowlWidowmaker
hunter

Postby KO » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:36 pm

Use tika....or more like Ti Ka the T makes the first sound and K makes the second....just drive down the road practicing making the 2 sounds....then just speed it up....just don't hurry the process...it will come
KO
hunter

Postby plainsman » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:44 pm

I use da-dut da-dut dut dut dut.....works great for me
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Re: dad gummet....

Postby WaterfowlWidowmaker » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:48 pm

WaterfowlWidowmaker wrote:i just bought a DR-85 (heading hunting and they didnt have a Bill Collector for those who said i should get it)....and i cant get even close to the feeding call. i just cant do it fast enough. i try to say ticka-ticka-ticka fast enough and just cant get it. is there an exercise you can do to make you faster?? any help for a feeding call is greatly appreciated...

oh sorry...its the chuckle also....
If it flies it dies.
WaterfowlWidowmaker
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:27 pm

Last week I got to hunt one day with Christian Curtis and the next with Keith Allen. Not once during those two days did I hear a 'double-cut' feed call. Not once, and those two guys called in ALL KINDS of ducks.

Almost every single instructor you hear (Barnie Calef, Keith Allen, Fred Zink, etc) will tell you NOT to worry about it, don't need it. The only time I hear it is when the ducks are FLYING out to feed. Just do the 'single-cut', no more problem...
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby KO » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:05 pm

Personally I dont use the double note either...I can do it...just use it....I like the da duh duh..staccato call better
KO
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:32 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:08 pm

Steve, how did you get so lucky? I listened to Keith Allen's CD to get started calling and periodically to brush up on stuff. What a great caller and instructor! He says the same thing though about double cutting on his cd. It is uneccesary because the only time you hear it, is when ducks are flying.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby KO » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:18 pm

try kdcalls.com....click on the calling tips......it's an example of the non-double cut as its called here......it's the only feed call I use....its easy and works for me.....KO
KO
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum