I decided to jump on the cut down band wagon....

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl, Mallyard

I decided to jump on the cut down band wagon....

Postby ARduckcwby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:09 pm

And I think I like it. I was hesitant at first, but said what heck, and bought 2 black monsters (1 AR cut, 1 LA cut) to try out. I will admit I'm still in the learning curve, but they are not as hard to blow as rumored. After a few days of playing with them, I'm really liking these calls, especially the AR cut. I was worried about getting down low, but isn't really hard on the black monster.

I've got to give kudos to Bryce Decker, he makes some nice calls. Also, he's an extremely nice guy to deal with, and really fixed me up.

:beer:
ARduckcwby
hunter

Re: I decided to jump on the cut down band wagon....

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:06 pm

did you get them direct from him? i'm really thinking of trying a black monster myself. which do you like better, the ar cut or the la cut? did you get one of his calls or one of the calls he cuts from other companies? sorry for all the questions and thanks.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Re: I decided to jump on the cut down band wagon....

Postby ARduckcwby » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Greenhead Rocker wrote:did you get them direct from him? i'm really thinking of trying a black monster myself. which do you like better, the ar cut or the la cut? did you get one of his calls or one of the calls he cuts from other companies? sorry for all the questions and thanks.

Yes, I did get direct from bryce. He is on Facebook, or you can PM him here for his info.

Again, I'm a newb to cut downs, but for me, I like the AR cut. I'm not saying anything bad about the LA cut, I really need to give him a call just to find out if I am doing something wrong on the LA cut. I was very impressed with the workmanship of the calls. Again, I'd recommend the BM to someone who is wanting to try a cut down.

Give Bryce a shout. He is pleasant to deal with, and will fix you up.
ARduckcwby
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum