Acrylic CCC!

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Acrylic CCC!

Postby MAX4Utah » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Just showed up today! I have only been running it off and on today a bit, but it sounds fantastic! It has a smaller bore, so from what I can tell, its not as loud as my big bore Throwback, but it sure gets low and nasty ; ) The color and finish on it is very nice, and the CCC logo is etched in. The green is not like other green acrylics I have seen, if I could try to explain it, it would be a shade of polished OD green like, very cool. I'm excited to spend more time with it and get it out in the marsh. Another CCC must have if you like Gary's calls. Strong work on this one :thumbsup:
Attachments
IMAG0697.jpg
IMAG0694.jpg
MAX4Utah
hunter

Re: Acrylic CCC!

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Very good looking unique call!
Glad to hear Gary is getting back into call making,sure do like using his earlier line of calls,have yet to try any of his newer stuff,yet!
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:14 pm

I have never run Gary's calls but have heard great looking things about them. I didn't know he made acrylic calls though. Hopefully will try one sometime :thumbsup:

Nice call :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Cool. How much?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby okieboy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:10 am

Can we get a good shot of the insert? Thanks.
okieboy
hunter

Postby MAX4Utah » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:00 am

okieboy wrote:Can we get a good shot of the insert? Thanks.
Attachments
IMAG0699.jpg
IMAG0698.jpg
MAX4Utah
hunter

Postby KyMike » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:54 pm

It surprised me he went with the real cork instead of the usual rubber "cork". It sounds great though. It is definitely a call to demand the duck. The louder you blow it the better it sounds. The ivory looks pretty sweet too.

KyMike
hunter

Postby MAX4Utah » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:27 pm

That does look good Mike! I'm lovin mine too.
MAX4Utah
hunter

Postby Flogger » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:12 am

Good looking call you got there! What would you compare that call to if you had to pick one? Where in Ky are you?
Flogger
hunter

Postby KyMike » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm in BG. It's definitely a hunting call and not a comp call. It's got a good hunting low. But when you want to get loud us when it shines. The louder it gets the better it sounds. It stays boss hen without the ring. Not sure what other call you can compare that too. Which is why I like his calls. If you want a soft low volume call there are other calls out there. If you want a call that sounds like a duck no matter how much air you put into it then this call will do it.
KyMike
hunter

Postby devlou77 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Is he selling em, I really like his calls but can not seem to find where he is selling them? Any help
devlou77
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:40 pm

devlou77 wrote:Is he selling em, I really like his calls but can not seem to find where he is selling them? Any help

Shoot him an email, Gary@committedcustomcalls.com He is selling them.

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby KyMike » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:40 am

Yep. Send him an email.
KyMike
hunter

Postby Flogger » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:54 pm

KyMike wrote:I'm in BG. It's definitely a hunting call and not a comp call. It's got a good hunting low. But when you want to get loud us when it shines. The louder it gets the better it sounds. It stays boss hen without the ring. Not sure what other call you can compare that too. Which is why I like his calls. If you want a soft low volume call there are other calls out there. If you want a call that sounds like a duck no matter how much air you put into it then this call will do it.

Do you know if I could find some soundfiles on this call? From your description of it it sounds like a heck of call. I'm in BG too mike. Small world..
Flogger
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:34 am

Flogger wrote:
KyMike wrote:I'm in BG. It's definitely a hunting call and not a comp call. It's got a good hunting low. But when you want to get loud us when it shines. The louder it gets the better it sounds. It stays boss hen without the ring. Not sure what other call you can compare that too. Which is why I like his calls. If you want a soft low volume call there are other calls out there. If you want a call that sounds like a duck no matter how much air you put into it then this call will do it.

Do you know if I could find some soundfiles on this call? From your description of it it sounds like a heck of call. I'm in BG too mike. Small world..

Gary has a number of them on YouTube, his user name is gopher1410.
This is a mobile link so hope it works. One of his Throwback Smallbore videos http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRwcp9EZE4
I didn't see one of his new acrylic version but this will give you some idea.
Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby Flogger » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:34 pm

DucknGoodTime wrote:
Flogger wrote:

Gary has a number of them on YouTube, his user name is gopher1410.
This is a mobile link so hope it works. One of his Throwback Smallbore videos http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRwcp9EZE4
I didn't see one of his new acrylic version but this will give you some idea.
Blessings,
Rick

Great, thanks Rick! Checking them out now.
Flogger
hunter

Postby KyMike » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Flogger wrote:

Sounds very similar to the wooden calls but with more volume. I'm sure it's due to being acrylic. Ill shoot you a PM if you want to try out the call.
KyMike
hunter

Postby Flogger » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:16 pm

KyMike wrote:
Flogger wrote:

Sounds very similar to the wooden calls but with more volume. I'm sure it's due to being acrylic. Ill shoot you a PM if you want to try out the call.

got your pm and sent one back. I will def take you up on that if you don't mind. Thanks mike, mighty nice of ya sir!!
Flogger
hunter

Postby coach_1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:13 pm

What do the acrylics cost? I'd love to have one to go with my snubnose.
coach_1
hunter

Postby MAX4Utah » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:34 pm

coach_1 wrote:What do the acrylics cost? I'd love to have one to go with my snubnose.

This is a perfect call to match with a Snub. Shoot Gary an email or a PM and see what he has available.
MAX4Utah
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:37 pm

What's up with the cork and clear reed :huh:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:29 pm

He's been using clear reeds for awhile, thats what came on my Throwbacks that I got when they first came out.

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby shadowwalker » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:51 pm

Does anyone know why he isn't making calls right now? Or when he will be again? I bought one second hand and love it, and really wanted to have him make me a throwback in some nice wood, and maybe even watch him turn it since I'm only a couple miles from him. But when you go to the call page it says he won't be making any until further notice. I was kinda bummed when I saw that.
shadowwalker
hunter

Postby DucknGoodTime » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:27 pm

shadowwalker wrote:Does anyone know why he isn't making calls right now? Or when he will be again? I bought one second hand and love it, and really wanted to have him make me a throwback in some nice wood, and maybe even watch him turn it since I'm only a couple miles from him. But when you go to the call page it says he won't be making any until further notice. I was kinda bummed when I saw that.

As I understand it his work schedule is pretty heavy, like 60+ hours a week so he doesn't have the time to devote to call making and keeping his customer service one of the best as he has in the past.

Blessings,
Rick
Blessings,
Rick
DucknGoodTime
hunter

Postby KyMike » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:42 am

shadowwalker wrote:Does anyone know why he isn't making calls right now? Or when he will be again? I bought one second hand and love it, and really wanted to have him make me a throwback in some nice wood, and maybe even watch him turn it since I'm only a couple miles from him. But when you go to the call page it says he won't be making any until further notice. I was kinda bummed when I saw that.

Email him or PM him on here. Rick is right. The last I talked to him, he was working a crazy number of hours. He will get back to you though.
KyMike
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum