Duck Hunting Forum banner

ECHO MEAT HANGER

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  shane071489 
#1 ·
Is the echo meat hanger an easy call to blow? For beginners? Thanks

#2 ·
It's a very easy call to blow. As most hunters would say though, it's better to start off with a single reed call and learn to blow it before a double reed. The reason for that is a single reed is harder to blow, but once you learn on the single reed you won't haven any trouble blowing a double reed (double reed is much easier to blow). The Meat Hanger is one of my go to calls along with my Breaker. The Meat Hanger sounds great. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a great double reed call top to bottom.

#4 ·
I tell people to start with a single too. Doubles are easier but IMHO why not start with a single so you can then blow anything once you have it mastered. The meat hanger is as close to a single as you can get though IMO. Its a very ducky double reed and although I'm not a double reed guy I do like the meat hanger.

#7 ·
I say buy whatever you like, I have no experience with this call. I did learn to call on a double reed, it to me was not a hard transition from an echo poly timber (double reed) to a RNT DC (Single Reed). Only hard part about it was, it is different so at first you will not sound right until you can do proper voice inflection and hot air. Once I learned to blow a single reed I quit using doubles. Doubles you can blow as hard as you want and it never breaks over just hits one spot, with a single you can really lean on it and if you arent doing it properly the call will break over and squeal. To each his own, a lot of guys run double reeds. Why learn on a single if you plan on blowing a double. This is just my opinion, I was taught by what I had and it worked. Others have more knowledge than I do, I am just saying you can learn on what ever you would like to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.