Double Reed

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl, Mallyard

Double Reed

Postby puddlerjumper » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:43 pm

Well, I have 35 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and can't find a better way to use it than buying a duck call, more into double reeds, I think they sound better. Already have a varient of the dr-85 and love it, but was looking at the duck commander line of calls. Right now, I'm looking at the mule, or the cut down reacher. I don't know if the cut-down reacher is a double reed, but I know that it is what the duck commander used in duckmen 7 and I thought it sounded pretty good, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Duck Crazy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:30 pm

forget duck commanders find something else. I was not at all satified with the duck commanders i bought. they dont hold up
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Postby SteveInTN » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:56 pm

How about a Winglock? Every person I have met that has ever tried one absolutely loves them.

http://www.winglockcalls.com

Some of the best calls for the money out there, and I don't even use one!!!

:thumbsup:
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby killindux » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:48 pm

Also, if you can get down to wally world, see if they gots one o' them amber echos left. They sound real nice for a cheapie. You don't have to spend 35 bones for a good call. :thumbsup:
killindux
hunter

Postby plainsman » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:54 pm

killindux wrote:You don't have to spend 35 bones for a good call. :thumbsup:

True enough, but $35 ain't that much to get quality. I'd rather have a $50 call that sounds good and brings them in than a $20 call that sounds like a party horn :toofunny:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby DrakeDroppinDan » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:55 pm

Cheap and Good sounding.... Hmm... Haydel's DR-85 and the Original Primos wench. I have both on my lanyard and hell if i havent made other peoples 100$ calls sound like crap when im callin the ducks into my deaks over their 4+ dozen deaks and wing spinnin goofy ducks... Both are 13-15$ and every one of my friends i hunt with have both. Haven't found anything that cheap and quality in any other calls. Both can handle a super loud long hail call all the way down to a quiet short note hail and you gotta love the raspyness (i dont think i spelled this correct but whatever) Good luck :thumbsup:
-- Forever a Skagit Valley Duck Hunter --

07/08 season to date:

147 Ducks/90 Greenheads
DrakeDroppinDan
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum