feeding and cut problems

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

feeding and cut problems

Postby shane071489 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Ok guys I have been calling for a few years now and can call decent but I have some how ended up with too much air presentation when I try to do like a little chatter or a few cuts, it causes my call to squeal and air lock. Ive tried longer reeds, works initially but when I use more air for a longer reed it goes back to it. Ive tried it with and w/o vocals, its only been on certain calls; OSDC, a little on echo xlt, but when I blow an rnt mvp or echo boss, daisy slayer, timbre it seems like they have enough hold I can do some cuts and short note chatters. Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix this, it basically has a squeal to it when I do it. I have tried different dog ears on the reed W/ and W/O dog ears. This hasnt been a problem because I have been running my lares hybrid and it was working perfect, thursday on the lake even my lares started to squeal a little when I did cuts. Thanks for the help.
shane071489
hunter

Re: feeding and cut problems

Postby Cliner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Is your throat open when you run your cut feeds? If you are clinching down on your throat, you'll get a lot of squeak in your feeds. That helped me, I did the same thing you do. What you should do, is get a smaller bored call. I'm sure you can hear that "buzz" when you're in the calls sweet spot. Practice on the smaller bore call till you can achieve that buzz, and that's the amount of air you should present on your cut feed. Hope this helps, I'm no expert, so I could be totally wrong, but it worked for me.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum