Echo??

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker

Echo??

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Looking for a louder echo call. Anybody use the boss for hunting? Also how loud is the open water model compared to the xlt or breaker? Thanks
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Re: Echo??

Postby honkernut » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:37 pm

I have a few times. Works great on the super windy days.
honkernut
hunter

Postby DarenDeath » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:53 pm

I was thinking the same thing so I called in and talked to Rick. I was surprised that he talked me out of it. I suggest you call them and get the logical reasons from the source.
Because I wanted a hunter not a contest ringer, I got a Breaker instead.
DarenDeath
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks for the input. Did you ask about the open water? If so, what did he say about its volume compared to the breaker and xlt? I have a breaker but it's definitely not the loudest echo I've had when compared to a couple of old xlts that I've had.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby Flogger » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:30 am

I just got a boss a few weeks ago bc I wanted something for the big open water and super windy days. I honestly was and still am how much bottom end it's got. I got it in a trade and it came with two inserts. One insert definitely has more duck built in. I will be carrying the boss from now on when hunting big water in windy days. For small holes though its xlt, pure meat, timber for me. So IMO I think the boss can be an excellent hunting call in certain conditions. Maybe you can get echo to build you a boss that is toned down a hair and has less top end and more bottom, especially if you won't ever want it for comp calling. Or have two inserts made, one for comp and one toned down for hunting. Hope this helps. Good luck and be safe in the marsh!!!
Flogger
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum