Poll On best call

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Which call is the best?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:16 pm

RNT Quackhead j-frame
67%
Wiley Flextone guide series
No votes
Southern Game Calls Nasty Boy
33%

Total votes : 12

Poll On best call

Postby Ducker99 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:16 pm

Which call the Guide series Flextone, RNT Quackhead, or the Southern Game Calls Nasty Boy isthe best call?
Take EM!
Ducker99
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:49 pm

I will not own another flex-tone. I purchased thier deer call (does doe, fawn and buck in one call) because I like packing light...and it was maybe $7-8. Not only was it a poor call, but I should have known when I bought it....the young man who was on their "pro-staff" (if you can call him a pro at all) said when asked if he likes his; "I kinda hafta...I'cause I work for them". I shoulda' listened to him right then and there. While the call did create some convincing calls, even with much practice it would shift in tone (say from a buck to a doe), but was good at contact call. My opinion....his statement said it all... :thumbsdown:
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 pm

I have a quackhead and it is a great call for the price. I also have a Nasty Boy, but it is raspy and is mainly for timber hunting. You don't have much versatility with it due to the low volume. Don't have a flextone, but I don't know why anybody would want a call that flexed like that. Seems to me like the sound would be distorted somewhat. If you want to be able to get loud and aggressive, but still be able to get soft and quiet, I'd get the quackhead.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby #1Waterfowler » Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:14 pm

I really like my Nasty Boys I have, don't like the RNT cause they take too much air to blow. I'd take another HS acrylic loudmouth over any RNT, but not over my Nasty Boys. :getdown:
Whackin' and stackin' snows, nothing better!!!
#1Waterfowler
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum