What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby sigpi906 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:06 am

A buddy of mine has a Roten call that is just nasty duck awesomeness.I was wondering what you guys that know Roten calls would consider to be on the same range both style and sound-wise.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR


Re: What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:51 am

Shane is currently making calls for a limited time,get in contact with him and tell him what you are looking for.I had an old double reed Roten call and it was an awesome call.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
User avatar
ColoradoGooser
hunter
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:33 pm

Had an old double reed rotten and it was the loudest call I've ever had.
User avatar
ducksNgeese91
hunter
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby sigpi906 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:46 pm

I actually picked up an old one this week. But I was curious if there was anything close to this sound. I haven't encountered anything like it, but I'm also not real well versed in different calls.
I was told people wouldn't take me seriously without a signature.
sigpi906
hunter
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR

Re: What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby Ziggy Pop » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:03 am

In my opinion, Shane's calls sound just like a Haydel to me - just louder. Haydel makes an acrylic version if their Red Leg call that is very loud too. You'd have to buy it off their website as I've never seen one in a store.
Ziggy Pop
hunter
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:36 am

Re: What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby Duck Nasty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:01 pm

ColoradoGooser wrote:Shane is currently making calls for a limited time,get in contact with him and tell him what you are looking for.I had an old double reed Roten call and it was an awesome call.

Do you know how to get ahold of him. Hive had mine for 12 years and want a back up. It's my favorite meat call and don't want it to go down.
User avatar
Duck Nasty
hunter
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 am
Location: Hampstead nc

Re: What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Duck Nasty wrote:
ColoradoGooser wrote:Shane is currently making calls for a limited time,get in contact with him and tell him what you are looking for.I had an old double reed Roten call and it was an awesome call.

Do you know how to get ahold of him. Hive had mine for 12 years and want a back up. It's my favorite meat call and don't want it to go down.



318-377-8169
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
User avatar
ColoradoGooser
hunter
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:25 am
Location: Northern Colorado

Re: What sounds similar to Shane Roten

Postby Duck Nasty » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:28 pm

ColoradoGooser wrote:
Duck Nasty wrote:
ColoradoGooser wrote:Shane is currently making calls for a limited time,get in contact with him and tell him what you are looking for.I had an old double reed Roten call and it was an awesome call.

Do you know how to get ahold of him. Hive had mine for 12 years and want a back up. It's my favorite meat call and don't want it to go down.



318-377-8169

Awesome thanks
User avatar
Duck Nasty
hunter
 
Posts: 465
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 am
Location: Hampstead nc


Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 13 guests