Call Value

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Call Value

Postby BrettA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Does having Butch from RNT sign the insert make the call more valuable? I see people sell what look like ordinary RNT's but with Butch's signature for almost double what they are/were new. I understand some calls aren't produced anymore, but if there is such a large amount of calls with his signature the rarity kind of goes away doesn't it? Not looking to ruffle anyones feathers, just doesn't make much sense to me.
BrettA
hunter

Re: Call Value

Postby Derrick C. » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:44 am

I hear ya. Some people enjoy taking advantage of others. These hedge RNTs that are still being made that have a signature with an asking price of 200 plus is crazy. But you know what they say, there is a sucker born everyday.
Derrick C.
hunter

Postby BrettA » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:30 am

The hedge shirt barrels are exactly what I was referring to... If it's "signed and stamped" people are buying then and then reselling them on the same page for $100 more than they paid for them. I can understand the daisy cutters that are heavily engraved, I guess.. But the burnt hedge short barrels are getting sold at ridiculous prices.
BrettA
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:18 am

Butch is hot right now............he would sign a door knob for you if you asked him to, so I honestly don't see why his signature on a call would make it worth more.

People are just going nuts over anything Butch for the last few years. :yes:

Don't get me wrong Mr. Butch " IS THE MAN " and calls he made by hand off of his jig will be worth big bucks some day.
Butch is Mr. Rich-n-Tone......... the other guys are RNT and they will never be anything close to what Mr. Butch is to the calling /call making world !!! :no:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum