Which competition call should I purchase

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Which competition call should I purchase

Postby chirojh » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:39 am

I don't really have access to blow many different calls around here. Was thinking MVP or boss. Any suggestions or can anyone explain the differences between the two listed.
chirojh
hunter

Re: Which competition call should I purchase

Postby mayhem96 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:46 am

MVP has always and will always outperform all other contest calls out there. Great top end, an insane amount of duck and the best part...Butch Richenback. He can set up an MVP for you.

Never have liked any BOSSs :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Hbnel5on » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:59 pm

Well for the opposite view.. I love my boss. It has great top end and low end.. If I ever did need a call that loud i wouldn't hesitate to take it out. Not to mention it's sexy Image

Some coot stole my fone.
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:Hookers and blow.
Hbnel5on
hunter

Postby muddyfoot » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:21 pm

There's an old style Boss call that has the best top end on the stage but the bottom end is a little harder to get out of it but it's there. And then there's the new style that has a lot more bottom end but not as much top end as the old style.
But when looking for a Comp call, if you can the best thing to do is get to the shop and try a few.
muddyfoot
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 am

mayhem96 wrote:MVP has always and will always outperform all other contest calls out there. Great top end, an insane amount of duck and the best part...Butch Richenback. He can set up an MVP for you.

It hasnt always out performed echos. What happened to the other 5 times when echo won the worlds? It is all in the caller although rnt has won it 18 times says something about their call. or atleast being able to get the best callers in the world. I like rnt better than echo just try them out and see for yourself.
txhunter90
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:09 pm

txhunter90 wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:MVP has always and will always outperform all other contest calls out there. Great top end, an insane amount of duck and the best part...Butch Richenback. He can set up an MVP for you.

It hasnt always out performed echos. What happened to the other 5 times when echo won the worlds? It is all in the caller although rnt has won it 18 times says something about their call. or atleast being able to get the best callers in the world. I like rnt better than echo just try them out and see for yourself.

Just saying overall...
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Icelander513 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:39 pm

mayhem96 wrote:MVP has always and will always outperform all other contest calls out there.

How ridiculous. "Has always" is asinine; "will always" is almost as outlandish.

mayhem96 wrote:Just saying overall...

But that's not what you said.

TO THE O.P., my opinion, based on the major contest results of the past few years as well as personal preference, would lead me to suggest an MVP. With that said, I have not tried the newer BOSS. I had a BOSS that was cut in 2008 and it had an awesome top end but I, personally, had trouble getting a satisfactory bottom-end out of the call. I've heard from reputable sources that the newer Boss's have improved on the bottom-end duck.

Betts makes a really good one too.
Icelander513
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Icelander513 wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:MVP has always and will always outperform all other contest calls out there.

How ridiculous. "Has always" is asinine; "will always" is almost as outlandish.

mayhem96 wrote:Just saying overall...

But that's not what you said.

TO THE O.P., my opinion, based on the major contest results of the past few years as well as personal preference, would lead me to suggest an MVP. With that said, I have not tried the newer BOSS. I had a BOSS that was cut in 2008 and it had an awesome top end but I, personally, had trouble getting a satisfactory bottom-end out of the call. I've heard from reputable sources that the newer Boss's have improved on the bottom-end duck.

Betts makes a really good one too.

Ok...
mayhem96
hunter

Postby North LA Hunter » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:20 pm

If you are new to competition calling I would say start out with a Original. I used to blow my original indoors and MVP outside. You can get a Original sound somewhat like a MVP but without alot of air.

If you are able to make it over to the RNT shop get with Butch and he will work with you to tune one of either to fit your style calling.

I love my MVP. Just be sure to keep a fresh cork in it. You will hate the call until you get it perfectly tuned for you ( or at least I did ).

Sent from my beeper
North LA Hunter
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:36 pm

North LA Hunter wrote:
I love my MVP. Just be sure to keep a fresh cork in it. You will hate the call until you get it perfectly tuned for you ( or at least I did ).

Sent from my beeper

So true :bow: :bow:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:38 pm

At the moment, the MVP is the best all around MS call on the market. Might not be for everyone but it's wins speak for themselves.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum