Ducklander conartist or c&s preacher

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: Mallyard, okiequacker, stumpjumper, callinfowl

Ducklander conartist or c&s preacher

Postby Bonesaw » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Looking for a new call I'm just getting into calling and want to know which you guys think is best for a beginner.

Thanks guys
Bonesaw
hunter

Re: Ducklander conartist or c&s preacher

Postby msc8127 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:17 pm

I've never touched a c&s call, so I can't comment on them. I do have a conartist, which is the call I learned on, and I think it's a pretty good call. It blows very clean, so if you want raspy, you have to make it raspy with your voicing. Has good range both in terms of pitch and volume. Nicely built call as well.
msc8127
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:44 pm

Neither...get an RNT Original :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Mayhem do you think it would be a good call to learn on? I've read nothing but good things about rnt mainly see stuff about the short barrel. And any reasoning as to why not the others
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby 11-87 Va » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:18 pm

I have a Conartist and a RNT Original. The Original is made out of bocote. As far as running the the two calls and learning on them, I would pick the Conartist. I can do more on the Conartist and sound better on it. Plus, the Conartist does not stick, or hasn't yet at least. The Original does. I'm not bashing the RNT call at all, it could be just me and the way I am blowing it. I don't know. As far as the C&S call is concerned, I have never ran one, but do own a C&S Disciple goose call that is very nice. I would like to try one of his duck calls myself. Hope this helps.
I am second
11-87 Va
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:55 pm

11-87 Va wrote:I have a Conartist and a RNT Original. The Original is made out of bocote. As far as running the the two calls and learning on them, I would pick the Conartist. I can do more on the Conartist and sound better on it. Plus, the Conartist does not stick, or hasn't yet at least. The Original does. I'm not bashing the RNT call at all, it could be just me and the way I am blowing it. I don't know. As far as the C&S call is concerned, I have never ran one, but do own a C&S Disciple goose call that is very nice. I would like to try one of his duck calls myself. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. Maybe I'll just have to get both :grooving:
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Bonesaw wrote:Mayhem do you think it would be a good call to learn on? I've read nothing but good things about rnt mainly see stuff about the short barrel. And any reasoning as to why not the others

It would be a great call to learn on as it has one thing the two you mentioned don't...range.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:12 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
Bonesaw wrote:Mayhem do you think it would be a good call to learn on? I've read nothing but good things about rnt mainly see stuff about the short barrel. And any reasoning as to why not the others

It would be a great call to learn on as it has one thing the two you mentioned don't...range.

Please explain? I'm new to the calls so I get what range means (it can go high and low) but I don't necessarily understand how the others may not have the range.
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby nobs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:23 pm

bonesaw, I would not take to much advice from a teenager with mediocre calling skills, I have used both conartist and the original. They are both great calls! The preacher is not bad either, but it wont have the top the other 2 have.
nobs
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 pm

nobs wrote:bonesaw, I would not take to much advice from a teenager with mediocre calling skills, I have used both conartist and the original. They are both great calls! The preacher is not bad either, but it wont have the top the other 2 have.

Thank you for the advice. I am leaning towards the conartist but I meant to say the justifier not the preacher even tho I would probably of been interested in the preacher. And maybe even the redeemer. Any experience with those
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby nobs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:42 pm

No problem, I have ran them and they are not bad, not my first pic, but not bad. You can also look to lares, echo and RM. Any of the calls mentioned will work and work well for you.
nobs
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Thank you I really appreciate it. Just curious tho what would be your first pick?
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby nobs » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Its hard to say, i have ran calls from most of them that were bad azz, mostly just get one and run it!
nobs
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:09 pm

Bonesaw wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:

Please explain? I'm new to the calls so I get what range means (it can go high and low) but I don't necessarily understand how the others may not have the range.

They just don't have the "array" of sounds like the original. For me, I couldn't hit the C&S at all on the top end. The DLC was just a mid volume call but wasn't anything special IMHO.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:09 pm

nobs wrote:bonesaw, I would not take to much advice from a teenager with mediocre calling skills, I have used both conartist and the original. They are both great calls! The preacher is not bad either, but it wont have the top the other 2 have.

Really? Okay bud.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Bonesaw » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks I'm just really trying to take as many opinions as possible. I will probably just have to test them out to see what I like I appreciate all the info tho
Bonesaw
hunter

Postby matteocacciadù » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:19 am

hello, I am using a conartist and the sound is very duck at the top is very clean, but it sticks after a few calls and the insert comes off too easily from the barrel. conartist the rasp of my hunting partner that is a pleasure and has more control and is perfect in all respects, however, on my behalf is not for beginners. many satisfactions in the right hands, rnt will be my next purchase
matteocacciadù
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:55 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
Bonesaw wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:

They just don't have the "array" of sounds like the original. For me, I couldn't hit the C&S at all on the top end. The DLC was just a mid volume call but wasn't anything special IMHO.

Have you blown a conartist? It's an open water call. It has all the range one would need to hunt.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Cliner wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:
Bonesaw wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:

Have you blown a conartist? It's an open water call. It has all the range one would need to hunt.

Yup
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Cliner » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 am

mayhem96 wrote:
Cliner wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:
Bonesaw wrote:
mayhem96 wrote:

Yup

You fooled me.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum