Ducklander Calls

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: okiequacker, callinfowl, stumpjumper, Mallyard

Ducklander Calls

Postby honknquackwhacker23 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:03 pm

What does everyone think about ducklander calls? im thinking about getting one.
honknquackwhacker23
hunter

Re: Ducklander Calls

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Get a DLC sinner. You won't be disappointed.

Sent via smoke signal
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:51 am

Had most all of the line up of DLC at one time or the other.
Conartist in hedge as well as the QT in hedge have been my favorites from Bobby.
Give Bobby a call and tell him what you are looking for and he will get you stowed away. :thumbsup:
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby cleboje » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Not everyone loves DLC calls and I guess you could say that I am one of them.

I had three DLC calls and found them to be lacking...here is the rundown:

1. Conartist that has a loose insert...I mean it falls out of the barrel if you turn the call upside down. I has been back to Bobby for a sticking problem once and it would be an OK call if only the insert would stay put.

2. LT that runs great until the moisture locks the reed to the toneboard...it has also been back to Bobby, but it still sticks like no tomorrow. From what I can tell, the departure angle of the reed from the tone board is too shallow and contributes to the oh so reliable sticking problem.

3. Sinner that arrived with a sleeved black insert...there was a hole in the lanyard cord slot of the insert so the sleeved black insert showed through to the outside of the insert...I felt this was poor quality control and I sent this one back to Bobby with a polite request for a refund. I had to make repeated requests for the refund and he took a long, long time to finally refund my money. :mad:

I don't want to run a guy down for doing his best, but for me, I will spend my future money for a call elsewhere. :yes:
cleboje
hunter

Postby Cliner » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:48 pm

I carry a loud timber and sinner on my lanyard. Sinner is real nasty, whiney. The LT is a straight meat duck call, loud and ducky
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby LiquidA45 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:38 pm

Really good calls and really good customer service from my experience. I too had a sticking issue but as soon as I changed the reed I ran it hard trying to stick it and didn't have a problem. Only reason I sold my QT was to get a cutdown.
LiquidA45
hunter

Postby msc8127 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:11 pm

I have a conartist and I just ordered a loud timber hand cut. I had a quiet timber that a buddy fell in love with, so I gave it to him for Christmas. It was a great call, but my buddy has been on hard times, so I hooked him up with it for Christmas. I'll probably replace it over the off season.

Customer service has always been good. Just leave a message and Bobby calls back. If you have specific qualities you want a call to have, Bobby can go over the pros and cons of setting up a call different ways and help you decide whether or not you really want what you think you want. He spent 20 minutes or so talking to me last night before we decided on the hand cut loud timber, how he'd tune it, etc.

I have had nothing but positive experiences dealing with DLC. Nicely made calls that can handle anything I can put through them.
msc8127
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum