Muddy Paws Wood Duck Call?

Information on duck calls and duck calling tips.

Moderators: stumpjumper, Mallyard, okiequacker, callinfowl

Muddy Paws Wood Duck Call?

Postby talkinfowl » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:40 pm

I bought a muddy paws wood duck call about a month ago and I just cannot get the hang of it. I can't get the sitting sounds out of it. On youtube, the dc boys can make their wood duck call sound so much like a wood duck on the water that your hair will stand up on end. Is there any sound file that I can listen to of anybody blowing theirs or am I expecting too much out of it?
talkinfowl
hunter

Re: Muddy Paws Wood Duck Call?

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Just listen to wood ducks in real life or youtube, love my muddy paws call, little higher pitched than most but the woodies love it
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby talkinfowl » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:20 pm

I know, I have about 11 woodies that live right in front of my house in a creek. I hear them every day. I was just wanting a muddy paws sound file so I could hear if the call could actually do it or if I just need more practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talkinfowl
hunter

Postby Airborne28 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:54 am

My buddy has a muddy paws (MP) and does not like it as much as the DC woodie. The MP has a great wheet sound, and like stated is higher pitched. if you use a lot of force, it can sound like a drake. He has not been able to use it for the "sitting' sounds, but woodies do wheet when on the water. HOWEVER, the on the water wheet is normaly just 1-2 notes. Anymore than that is an alert call.

The MP is a great compliment to a hunting buddy who can use a DC woodie call well. We use it as an "answer" to the DC when i make the other sitting sounds.

Airborne
Airborne28
hunter

Postby talkinfowl » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Thank you for the response! Just the type of answer I was looking for. You're right, the mp makes great flying "wheat" sounds but I can't make it do the water sounds. Guess I'll have to buy the DC or trade the mp for one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talkinfowl
hunter

Return to Duck Calls and Calling Forum